Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Looking Back

First off I already put it on her blog, but want to wish Sugarleg a Happy Birthday here.  She turns 40 today.  You should check out her update today it really was great.  That is not a knock on other updates, it never is, but with my life it is more like me.  Sugarleg looks back from 30 to 40, and it is very interesting to say the least.

It gives me an idea to maybe look at my 30-44.  I don't even remember what the heck I did at 30.  What year was that?  1996 I think.  Yes, 1996.  So I moved from Normal, IL to Holland, Michigan in 1995.  Did I ever tell you the reason I moved?  Normal, Illinois is a college town.  I worked at a company where people moved around a lot, I would become friends with people.  I would have a great time, and boom, off they go.  I got so sick of people leaving me and me being sad, I decided to get even with all.  I decided to leave so others could be sad.  Ha Ha!!  I know my drinking buddy Donny was sad.  He worked construction, and we drank a couple beers every day.  We weren't always good friends, once he was busting my chops about something.  Let's just say I wasn't taking shit from anyone at that time... see Natalie story.... wherever the heck that is.  Even though everyone was afraid of him, just cause he could be a dick a lot, I told him, "You Will Never Do That Again!!!"  I was willing to take this little argument wherever it would go.  We were good friends from then on.  As a matter of fact on Lisa, and I's first (her not having a boyfriend anymore) date we stayed at his place.  I traveled back to Normal a lot at first, plus it was New Years.

So let's see, Lisa and I were together New Years of 1996 through now.  I was in pretty good shape when I moved here, but lost that.  Mostly due to my ruptured disc.  It eventually got to the point where I had to take 2 aspirin every 4 hours to deal with the pain.  sciatic nerve pain would run all the way down my leg.  Surgery fixed that.  First trip to Hawaii, and I see there is more to life, than what I am doing.

In one summer with the stationary bike I get down from 217-174.  I start slowly teaching myself how to run.  By the age of 40 I have run my first marathon.  5 in the books as we speak.  Many other races too.  That is how my life is shaping up now.  My goals are not so straight forward as winning this, or that.  My goals are to improve.  I would like to stay active, but I know that will always be the case.  You see to me life is that.  We have our jobs.  We'd all like to have the perfect life, but there is no such thing.  If you look through the ages everyone's life has not always been that great.  Probably more sucked than not to be honest.  See War, slavery, Crusades, etc... etc... etc... so it is important to find stuff you enjoy.  I think most of us do that.  Very important to do as Sugarleg does.  Don't bury the bad stuff, look at it, learn from it, and you will be better off.

Burying shit just leads to nothing good, looking at it brings healing.  I was talking to a friend Kathy at work.  Her husband died unexpectedly a couple years back.  She stopped taking anti-depressant medication, because she stopped feeling things.  She now can cry.  She now knows she is real again.  She is the one who runs the canoeing business, and we all go canoeing once a year with her.  If you recall that is one of the two times I actually got hungover this year.  :)

So, whatever, this post is probably long, and I am not sure if my thoughts are coherent, but this shit is fun for me, so I do it.  I am glad to be training for a marathon.  I am glad to be biking, but looks like there might be snow today, so the trainer today.  I am fine with that.  One thing I like about biking inside, is I really do love to sweat, and I am pretty good at it too.  :)  sweating that is.  :)

Jerry and I, 6.2 miles @ 8:54 pace I think.  It wasn't that easy, but I am still a tad out of shape.  I see improvement coming real soon.

That is it for today!!!   :)

Thanks for reading!!!   :)

Hope Everyone has a Great and Awesome Day!!!   :)

xo's!!!   :)

Love You All!!!   :)

p.s. hmmmm... don't really have one!!!   :)

Now for really really cya cya cya  :)

No comments: