Tuesday, December 28, 2010

??????

 OMG I thought about a title for like a minute and that was all I could come up with.  :)  Hope the blog comes out better than the title.  :)

Well I will start off with my workouts, and some thoughts.  Strange things that happened yesterday.  First off it wasn't a huge run week.  I don't even remember how much, I haven't logged my last two run yet, but it was low 20's I bet as opposed to jumping up to high 20's.  So it was a low run mile week.  Only because I didn't get out for a long one with Jerry, and Jeff (a.k.a. man with many first names)  That being said my legs were fatigued yesterday after my run to work.  Now that freaked me out.  I haven't been doing anything real crazy hard.  I wonder if it was my harder than normal trainer ride from a couple days ago.  It was pretty weird to me.  After work I rode the trainer for 40 minutes soft, as like an active recovery.  I think my legs are o.k.  Tonight we run on the snow melt too, so I really wanted my legs to be recovered. 

I love love the snow melt runs on Tuesday nights for a few reasons.  One it is a good 6 mile workout run not alone.  That helps sometimes, especially ... well for me always.  There is a good 1/4 mile incline you have to run up 4 times during the 4 loops.  Good training.  There are people around, and most most importantly, a lot of girls with boots.  I don't notice the boots, but others tell me the girls are there.  ;)  I am way too focused on my run.  :)

So I love Tuesday night runs.  Plus it was such a huge help for me last year.  I am not too disappointed in not getting my long run in last week, because training group starts after New Years.  Alan puts on a 5K on New Years Eve, and that usually draws like 600 people or so I'd say.  It seems a lot anyway.  It is a fun run not timed, but I have raced it the last few years.  I am not going to race it too hard this year.  I guess, I'd hope for a sub: 25.  Last year was 23:30 maybe, but icy conditions, and running through some sand like snow really slowed me down.  I'll actually be interested in seeing my time compared to my perceived effort. 

New Years is not a big deal to me.  I run the race, and try to stay up til midnight.  As you can imagine something I am not always successful with.  I am leaning on doing nothing this New Years, just hanging out with Lisa.  Her read, and me listen to music probably.  Me fall asleep around 10 or something, and her probably 11:00.  We'll see, I'll play it by ear. 

In other news, I am thinking of doing the Steelhead 1/2 Ironman this year.  No real race time goals, because I have no idea.  I think it is a good distance for me.  56 mile bike ride, and 1/2 marathon.  Those two I know I can do.  The swim I know I can do too, once I get back to swim training.  I am going to wait 4 weeks I think to start swimming.  For me it is the least important, because I am not going to get real fast.  I can probably make the most improvements on biking and running, so most time should be spent there.  Plus it is the cheapest.  Plus it is worth it financially for me to pay for a year instead of 3 months.  A big price drop.  This was a decision I thought about for a while, and everything seems to fit logically, so that is how I am going.

Man, I think I can write about me forever.  I find myself that interesting.  I'll spare you though of anymore.  :)

That is it for today!!!   :)

Thanks for reading!!!   :)

Hope Everyone has a Great and Awesome Day!!!   :)

xo's!!!   :)

Love You All!!!   :)

p.s. I think I did 6 sets of push ups, but blew off the pull ups.   :)

Now for really really cya cya cya!!!   :)

No comments: