Friday, December 3, 2010

Clearing The Air

That is basically what happened.  I have lived with Jackie too long.  I cannot live with that type anymore. Jackie did not have much of an ability to improve her situation.  19 year old kids have all the ability in the world to improve.  It takes one tiny step forward.  For some reason they were living pretty high on some perch.  Why I know not.  What do they have going for them? 

Now let me give you a short little list.  From the top of my head here are attributes of people that make you like them.  Some reasons are shallow, and some not. 

  1. Good Looking
  2. Smart
  3. Funny
  4. Hard Working
Now that list is not all inclusive, but if you don't have any of these attributes then you should not be high on any perch.  The one you can really always have control of  is being Hard Working.  If you have a job, as much as possible do it to the best of your ability.  Job can come in the form of something around the house.   Smart comes in many forms, but a person who is not afraid to look inside his heart and head, will not be dumb.  Funny comes from confidence.  When you are confident, probably because you have looked inside your head and heart, and you are hard working, then you probably will be funny.  Why?  Cause you know there is plenty of stuff to make fun of yourself about.  1. is shallow, but let's face it not everyone is going to be as good looking as me.  ;)

So the 19 year olds need to work on #4 pronto, and 2 and 3 may come along.  In this house I will not take the Jackie lifestyle very easily.  Lisa and I had a talk, and she pointed some flaws out in me, which I prayed would not show their ugly head.  I am not perfect I know that, but I also let her know a few things.  Some of my closest friends think I am looney for having this situation in my house.  They wouldn't stand for it.  I also pointed out how would Brian have handled this situation?  So I let Lisa know my piece.  I will let her talk to the kids diplomatically.  She uses better language than me.  I know I know hard to believe.  :)

Lisa and I are of the same mind.  We want to help out, but we are disappointed at this time.  Time the great asset.  What today is a disappointment can be reversed by doing positive actions to improve the situation.  When I was in my early 20s I was going through a learning curve.  The fun/work balance.  I was always favoring on the side of fun too heavily.  Some hard knocks here and there.  Some help with looking inside my head for answers.  Looking at bad.  Looking at sad.  Always being the fun guy at the party, but still looking at the sad/bad stuff that made me really unhappy.  Along the way I found some answers.  It didn't take one day.  On the outside people didn't see my thoughts, and what was bugging me, but it found a way out. 

Here I'll give you a quick story.  I was really upset with my life.  I was partying a lot, because I felt pressure to be the life of the party.  I was talking to my Dad, as I was being a burden on him.  I told him I was unhappy.  No one knows me.  I think I may have even cried.  This was in college.  My friend Dale saw me cry, and saw I was unhappy, but how does someone deal with that?  Hard.  What really helped was getting a job.  A person who has some hours of his day occupied with something helps him or her in some ways.  I was always an initiative guy, but sometimes you just need a push in the right direction.

Oh well, once again just went off.  Hope it makes sense. 

I cooked Lisa a steak dinner last night.  She deserved it.  :)

24 pull ups.  I couldn't get the 5th one of the 5th set.  SHEESH!! 

70 push ups.  Assume reps are 10 until you hear different

3.13 mile run, and it was close to 10 minute pace.  Quads, and biking.  Legs couldn't move.

45 minutes on the trainer.  Easier spinning than day before.  See run, and speed of run.  :)

That is it for today!!!   :)

Thanks for reading!!!   :)

Hope Everyone has a Great and Awesome Day!!!   :)

xo's!!!   :)

Love You All!!!   :)

p.s. I can get a lot of stuff done on Fridays at work.  Lunches are over for now.

Now for really really cya cya cya!!!   :)

No comments: