Saturday, December 4, 2010

Holiday Plans And Thinking Out Loud Via Blog Prolly!! :)

Well, I am up early today, because I am going into work for a few hours.  That will make working 7 days this week, but the weekend days were short.  In early, out early, so not really a real work day.  Adds to the total hours though, and Lisa is working today too, so we will both have big checks in two weeks, so that will be good.  So Holiday plans are this.  I am planning on going to Chicago over Christmas.  There is a High School Party for Fremd graduates on the 23rd.  I plan on going with @ Lisa to that.  It is only SHEESH probably a mile or so from where my Uncle lives now.  So that will be cool.  Lisa can finally meet Gina over this weekend.  She will be able to see why I have such a BIG CRUSH on her.  :)  Ha Ha!! 

I also plan on meeting a blogger too.  Leigh Kaufman Kminek.  Woo Hoo!!  I don't know if you remember the story, but me and her husband were friends in H.S. and pretty good friends a year or so after H.S.  We both went to Harper for at least a year, and I think that is when we hung out, and the summer between too.  Who can remember though it was like 100 years ago.  It will be cool to meet Leigh.  Funny how things are, I probably know Leigh better now than Chris.  Guys.... What is up with them???  :)  Leigh and I "met" via FB through Chris's twin sister Tia.  Basically commenting on her stuff here and there. 

I am only taking the long weekend, so won't have time to see everyone.  Maybe my friend since 7th grade will go to Nellies on the 23rd.  I'll call him and let him know I'll be in town.  He is Doug, the guy I was friends with from 7th grade on.  For some reason we took German through H.S. We were the worst students in the whole class.  Everyone who took German was smart, but us.  :)  Doug, and I also went to Harper for a year, and then we both went to I.S.U. after that.  We roomed together for a lot of the time too.  He has seen me at my best, and my worst.  Everything in between too.  It was with him I did my only triathlon too, and he ran with me in my first Chicago Marathon.  He ran a 3:50 I think.  He is a good at all tri disciplines.  He swam in H.S. so is good at that, and is naturally gifted cardio-wise, so good at the others.  Doesn't have enough time to train as he'd like though, so not all hard core.  Doesn't do much races of any sort. 

Yesterday I didn't do any workout at all.  Lisa and I left work at 1:00.  We then went to lunch.  I knew I was picking up the shift today, and I was at a good point to quit.  I decided not to get any workouts in at all.  I really started working out hard this week, and really I think I needed a day off.  I could have jumped on the trainer for a bit, but I wanted to have a beer at lunch, so I said screw it.  Plus today is Saturday, so I can go "long" on the trainer.  :)  and get a bit of a run in.  Sunday I am running with Jim and Jerry, probably around a 10 miler I guess.  I am kind of nervous about that, because I think those guys are in pretty good shape, and may blast me.  :)

Now one thing I didn't know is our bodies need down time in order to get faster.  I have worked hard for really 1-1/2 years with very little down time, perhaps none at all.  That means my November was actually good for me.  It was not something I would have done myself.  We don't like injuries or other things that make us slow down, but like others last year, my down time will help me in the overall year I have planned I bet.  What is good for one... last year, is good for me this year.  Staying positive.  Now look at me, I am already working harder, with more desire than I did last winter.  I am thinking once the $$ situation is just a bit better I may try to get back in the pool too.  Work on my stroke so it won't hurt my back.  We'll see how it works.  I'll let you know via this blog if I do.  :)

That is it for today!!!   :)

Thanks for reading!!!   :)

Hope Everyone has a Great and Awesome Day!!!   :)

xo's!!!   :)

Love You All!!!   :)

p.s.  Hoinkles!!  :)

Now for really really cya cya cya!!!   :)

No comments: