Monday, December 13, 2010

Winter Runnin

The thing about living in the Midwest and training for a spring Marathon is what we have to do.  We run in snow, in cold, in wind, you name it.  That is what we did yesterday.  What a good weekend workout wise for me.  I got everything accomplished I wanted.  I don't know if I ever feel I get everything done I want to get done, but this weekend workout wise I did.  You know how I go too.  I don't follow any specific plan.  I go by feel.  I try and take enough days off from running, and fill up those off days with other stuff.  If I get back to swimming this week, and it is successful.  (no back pain)  (going to shorten my stroke)  then there won't be many "total off" days at all.  Back in the groove so to speak.  That would mean last year, although I biked and ran more than any other year is a bit of an off year.  We have weeks, which are down weeks, then maybe last year was a down year.  A recover year.  A refuel year.

So after some confusion on the distance last week, we got the distance figured out.  It was not 8.84 miles, it was actually 10 miles.  A certain gentleman, (I'd put his first name, but I am not sure which name is his first.) messed up the mapping. lol  So it is a 10 miler.  This week's run was much better than last week's run.  At least in how I felt.  I felt strong toward the end, and we even gave it a pretty good kick the last 1/2 mile or so.  I didn't log the run, but it was close to 9:30 pace I think.  A good 5 mile stretch was against the wind too.  The wind was pretty brisk, but we really kept the pace nice and easy most of the way.  Jerry was doubling up on 10 mile runs, and I just did an 8.  Lets face it too, we are over 5 months out from the marathon, so we are just base building.  No need to kill ourselves.  There is always plenty of time for that.  :)  I really felt good after that run.  Nice to get out there.

That basically was it for the day.  I worked for a few hours in the morning, and relaxed before the run.  Lisa made lasagna for dinner.  Nummy!!  :)

Couple other things to note.  Don't worry Gene, I will blog.  It is what I do.  :)  Thanks for reading btw.  Oh, and you people probably don't even know.  Gene and I played soccer together ago like maybe 1000 years ago.  His Mom would drive sometimes, and my step-mom would drive sometimes.  I think mostly his mom did though.  We were little.  We both played through H.S.  I was burnt out of soccer.  Bored with it.  Did it too much.  By the time H.S. was done I was done with soccer.  I played a little indoor soccer at the Holland Soccer Spot.  Klaus DeBoer owns it.  Too rough on the legs for marathon training.  Concrete floor.  It is why I quit flag football too.  That shit beats the hell out of your body.  #YIKES!!!   :)

Also am a bit worried about the nice little blogger girl in Poland.  Something is bugging her, and I am a bit worried.  :(   Something has her down.  BOOOOOOOOOOO!!

Other than that the Bears suck.  I am going to catch all kinds of hell from John Q.  He is the guy who sold us our house.  He works at the local lumberyard a few days each week, as the housing market sucks.  Everyone has to make due.  Is that the proper term??? due???   He is a big New England fan.  Been that way forever.  He also is the absolute WORST FREAKING smack talker ever.  lol.   SHIT SHIT SHIT!!!   :)  FUCK!!

Oh well, ready to get my Monday game face on.  :)

That is it for today!!!   :)

Thanks for reading!!!   :)

Hope Everyone has a Great and Awesome Day!!!   :)

xo's!!!   :)

Love You All!!!   :)

p.s. the blog I checked out Saturday night, I commented on, and added to my list.  She is another Superstar athlete.  Sheesh, my list is attracted to them types huh??

Now for really really cya cya cya!!  :)

No comments: