Thursday, July 22, 2021

Maybe Some Rain.

We have chances of rain this weekend. That may mean movie time for me. I really want to see at least one movie per week. I didn't see any last week. 

Our property tax bill went out of our account, and I just paid my high Discover bill for this month.  Rain may mean Sam's club too. Driving to work helps with those types of errands,  or not golfing on Saturday cuz of rain does too. I thought of that cuz I haven't used my Discover card for anything this month, and I usually use it at Sam's. Its set up for scan and go, and pay automatically without having to go through the register. Its pretty sweet. I do scan and go at Meier too, but I have to still pay at a kiosk. Not many people use that feature,  and its so easy. 

I went and got pizza from the place next town over. Its called Vitales. It's good, but not worth the drive over. It isn't that good. For some reason I thought it was better. I did sit at the bar, and had a couple beers before I ordered. Its been forever since I did that. Before the pandemic hit. 

Speaking of pandemic, I am probably going to wear a mask again when shopping. I am vaccinated, but I think the anti vaccinated are going to get hit pretty hard soon. All things point to this next strain being pretty bad. 

Today I finally get to work on my golf swing. Just a simple little correction. Of course there is nothing simple about golf, since there are a ton of moving parts, and you try to duplicate your swing each time. I am pretty excited though. The missing piece to my swing, and it would have been hard to figure it out when I was golfing pre internet days. Like those born in the 1800s switching from horses to cars, I lived and SOMEHOW survived in the 1900s before there was internet. I lived when there were only 4 stations to watch on TV too. 

Actually a pretty good time to grow up all things considered. 54 is a good age to contemplate the changes you lived through. 

Yesterday I was really tired for some reason. I took the dogs, and watered the grass, but I probably could have napped really easy, and I am not much of a napper. I slept good last night. My BP was 131/81, so good. I didn't check it yesterday. I like checking it every day. First thing in the morning. Waiting for my coffee,  and after I feed the guinea pigs, and rabbit. 

I tell you what. It feels good to have the property taxes done. Now all I have left to do is money in the IRA. Doing that gives me an extra $1000 back during tax time. It would be a good goal to have my IRA investment for next year already done by this time next year. I will be 55 soon, and I don't plan on taking social security til after 70 years old. So 15+years to accumulate money. All while paying only $180/month to live. 

That won't change much either,  cuz taxes are based on purchase price,  and the city of Holland, and most places got a hefty raise just by normal turnover. Our soon to be new neighbors will be paying more than me in taxes, plus they'll have a mortgage. She anyways. A single mom with two kids. If there is an ex around I don't know. We will see when she moves in I guess. 

My life is pretty easy. This is definitely a good way to be. 

I spose.  

Laterzzzzzzzzz.        :)

xoxo.        :)

xxoo.        :)

Byeeeeeeeee.       :)))

MWAH.        :)

No comments: