Friday, December 25, 2020

The Season Is Over

From a work standpoint anyway. It was different this year. We were closed for Thanksgiving for one. So instead of starting the Christmas season with a deplenished stock of doughs, and pigs, etc... we were well stocked. we did run out of pig in the blankets. People were buying frozen pigs by the dozen in a pretty crazy amount. That could be a new thing. Yikes.  

We were busy, the Northside restaurant wasn't open so they didn't need to make bread for them,  and I didn't need to make biscuits for them. I have no idea how we will do it next year. The idea of the pigs being bought by the dozen frozen is also something that can add to our weekly routine. We spend around 4-5 hours making ~2000 pigs each week. We use around 25 sheets of puff dough to make them. If that doesn't cover the normal week, then yikes. We make puff dough in 5 sheets per batch. I'd say you have about an hours worth of work between mixing,  and pinning it out. (4-times)  

Anyway, I an just thinking out loud. Work can be a challenge this year. You never know. The season is over though. We can recover,  and recuperate. I already have. I had a good night sleep last night, and I always wake up ready to go. 

I was tired when I got home yesterday. I am not a good napper though,  so I cleaned the kitchen. Every dish cleaned,  and put away. I went through the fridge, and threw shit out we won't eat. Threw out old salad dressings, and whatnot. Took everything out, and cleaned all the shelves too. I had a jar of pepperincinis spill in there,  so it was nasty. From the top all the way to the bottom the juice traveled. Plus it was disgusting from other stuff too. It was a big job. The best thing was the garbage guy came, and I got everything thrown out in time for the garbage guy to take it. 

I had a couple drinks, cuz I had some liquor. I made spaghetti. I like my homemade spaghetti sauce. I had time to simmer it for a couple hours. I crashed early. See above (me having a couple drinks)  I slept really good. My sleep score was 84, which is high for me. It's why I was done sleeping at 2:30 AM. Today, I will make a Turkey, and mashed potatoes. Green bean casserole,  and stuffing too. Should be a good one. 

I think I'll make another cup of coffee, and play chess.  

Laterzzzzzzzz.       :)

xoxo.         :)

xxoo.       :)

Byeeeeeeeee.       :)))

MWAH.      :)

No comments: