Saturday, December 12, 2020

The Day Off

Good morning. How's it going?  Me, I am fine. I've been up a while just laying in bed. A luxury I am afforded on a day off. Yesterday did end up being another 13 mile day. 4 days in a row. My legs are tired by the end of the day, and perfectly fine after sleep. My weekly goal is 72 miles during a work week. I start my last day at 73 miles. It's a day off though, so I won't have a lot of miles. its raining too, so I might not take Hope. Cold rain is not my thing. 

I've switched my mind about Michigan football. I think they should resign Harbaugh. Has he done as good of a job as I expected?  No, but the operative word is what did I expect?  National Championships every year?  Maybe. Be in the running? I don't know. I took a little look at the Big 10. Ohio State has won two championships since 2002. That's it for the Big 10. No one else from the Big 10 has won it. Just a look at how unimportant national championships are. LSU has won it 3 times in that same period.  No one outside of Louisiana knew that I bet, unless it was their alma mater. 

Harbaugh will recruit well. Eventually they will win a big game. The Big 10 doesn't win championships very much so my eyes are open. I think Northwestern, Penn State, Iowa,  Wisconsin etc... have very good programs. Their coaches have been there a while.  With Harbaugh will Michigan field a pretty good team each year?  Yes. Resign him. It is obviously a pretty young team this year. 

Anyway, I am surprised how caught up I got into expectations without really knowing the History of Big 10 football. 

So that's my 2 cents. Outside that not much going on. I have a few things to do around the house, do a little shopping. it should be a pretty low key day. I did play a couple chess matches yesterday. I lost again to the 1100 rated computer player, and went back to the 700 rated computer player. I clobbered him. I definitely improved.  That was surprising as 1100 pretty much has it's way with me. I didn't feel I was improving at all. 

1100 is a pretty good ranking. Probably wouldn't win an open state title, but would be someone to contend with. No one else would win the open state title either before beating the 1100 ranked player. That's just from guessing I guess. I did my research, and a 1100 rating isn't very good.  Hahaha.    :)  

I did think about chess while in bed, and chess players. I was thinking of schools quitting swimming, and diving wondering who is now going to win the Olympics in swimming. It won't be the US. I feel swimming is a very healthy activity. We should put more money not less into it. Football isn't healthy. It's not healthy to play,  it ruins weekends,  and turns fathers into weekend alcoholics. 

I also thought more money should be put into chess. It would help people mentally. To its extreme though, in life we really aren't the master of the chess board. My little current knowledge sees World class chess people kinda sucking at  real life. The chess board in no way resembles the life board. If you lose that distinction trouble ahead lies. Same with video games, and football too actually. 

Having said that I am not going to quit watching football games I want to.   :)  for games I am interested in it is entertaining. 

So there.  

Laterzzzzzzzz.      :)

xoxo.       :)

xxoo.       :)

Byeeeeeeeee.       :)))

MWAH.       :)

No comments: