Friday, June 11, 2021

Another Guy Down For A Couple Months.

As long as its not a pitcher. The Sox had our 3rd everyday position player go by way of injury for a couple months. Our minor leagues may be without depth, but at the major league level we aren't. Sure it sucks to lose 3 everyday position players. Especially when all might be all star caliber. 2nd base and CF the replacements are Gold Glove caliber,  and LF is LF. We will be fine as long as no pitchers go down. 

I worked on my golf swing yesterday. Keep it simple stupid. I was obsessed with golf in my younger years, so swinging was a thing I actually did a million times. So I brought my driver swing that could see me hit a ball 230 yards straight every time back in the fold. 

230 yards ain't a homerun swing. It is a swing I can replicate though. If I could just hit my irons the same way. I think I figured it out. I'll have to go to the driving range again. 

If I don't hit it as hard as Tiger Woods used to be able to hit it, that's fine. If I hit it a club or two down for the same distance who cares. If I know where it will probably go, at least in the general direction, that ain't so bad. I may do okay with this golf thing. 

Oh, and don't worry. Sure its been a decade or so. But I really did practice my golf swing a million times in the past. Just like my left handed pitching wind up. I can get obsessed with shit.  (See Blog)       :)

So I am getting pretty excited about Summer. Finances are looking good. As you know I got an inheritance of around $300,000 grand a while ago. I was thinking about it the last couple days. Currently I am worth at least $300,000 and probably more. House, vehicles,  investments etc... I didn't just blow it. House is upgraded and stuff. Every week I slowly add to it. I am not $300,000 + exactly liquid,  but I have plenty of liquidity. 

I didn't have a plan. I just kept practicing my golf swing. Work, eat, sleep. Don't change a thing. Didn't have to. I liked my life before the inheritance. No reason to change anything.  

I was thinking of things like that yesterday. Feeling pretty good about stuff. Today should be a pretty good day. Should I drive, and go straight to the driving range?  Biking to work is better though. 

Pretty excited about stuff today. Its like a 22 year old Summer for me. All my thoughts are on golf. Just not so much about parties and getting laid. A 22 year old guy getting with a girl is nothing to sneeze at. That shit can occupy a male's mind for hours. What excitement. 

Our normal is really pretty fucked up. You never hear about how guys really like to pick-up girls in our younger years. That's our normal. A 22 year old Thursday Summertime party.  Was there ever anything better?  

Life is fun. We just hide the shit we don't think is socially acceptable.  

I spose.  

Laterzzzzzzz.        :)

xoxo.        :)

xxoo.        :)

Byeeeeeeeee.       :)))

MWAH.        :)

No comments: