Sunday, May 30, 2021

One More Down.

After today,  I only have one blog entry left for the year. Tomorrow I have a day off too,  so I don't even have to wake up early. I am working on my acceptance speeches,  as I am sure there are many awards coming my way. 

Yesterday was okay. I did my shopping,  cleaned up some branches and stuff in the backyard,  did laundry,  started building our pool ladders too. That should have been part of the assembly fee. Turns out I need sand to weigh the part that goes in the water. Both ladders are built. I just have to get the one in the pool with sand, and attach the two together.  I don't think it will be hard. All this shit took me a while, cuz when I looked it was 3:30 already. 

I watered the grass twice. I bought a regular hose for my tractor to ride on. Those collapsible hoses don't work well with a tractor. Lawn looks good. 

We have a small local grocery store that sells high end fresh fish on the weekends,  so I bought an Alaskan cod fillet,  and some oysters, with a big baked potato. It was really good. The fish just crumbled. The cod was only $13 where a salmon would have been over $20 for the same size.  

In a moment of weakness I paid for the mlb ticket. $30/month for 4 months. The Sox swept a double header. 

Besides that not much I guess. Having tomorrow off will be nice. I'll get the ladder installed. Our pool will be ready then. 

I have the 2nd and 3rd book in the series I started so work will be fun. It will probably be a ghost town too with the holiday weekend. It is anyway most Sundays I think from the chip shortage.  Probably all industries that use chips are affected. Weird shortages,  inflation creeping up, we will probably feel the affects of the pandemic for a while.  Just too drastic a shift for almost everything.  

I won't mind a rise in interest rates. I have no debt, so in that case cash can make money. My cash no longer can make money really, but it doesn't mean you get rid of it. It can eventually make money. 

I spose. Guess I'll get ready for work. I don't know what people my age typically do. I work to build a little nest egg. 15 years from now all things being equal I should be sitting pretty good. Of course I don't even know what next year will look like.  No one does. 

Laterzzzzzzz.         :)

xoxo.            :)

xxoo.         :)

Byeeeeeee.       :)))

MWAH.          :)

No comments: