Wednesday, April 21, 2021

When Everything Aligns

After work I listened to my book awhile. You can do that when you take the dogs for a walk,  do dishes,  and start dinner. Kristin Hannah is the author's name. The book is "The Nightingale"  this author is the one who wrote the Alaska book I liked so much. She really is an incredible author. 

Anyway I am knee deep into war occupied France.  I lived there from 1941- 1945. I see how far society can fall, and I see the brutality of war far clearer than anything I've ever read/listened to before. Goes to show you fiction tells more of the truth than non fiction.  

Anyway about this time I see the Chauvin case finishing up. My phone is going crazy.  Did I sign up for alerts?   

Anyway I saw a tale of two stories. A man with the uniform of society with all the confidence that offers. Then I saw just a man. Middle age going to spend a good portion of the rest of his life in prison. A cop behind bars.  

I don't know how well a cop behind bars works. Not well I assume, especially this one.  

I did think though,  and saw rather clearly this man is not beyond forgiveness.  The things people did to survive in France during WWII are not beyond forgiveness. 

I also thought society tries to paint a picture using uniforms,  and flags,  pomp, and ceremony,  and none of that has anything to do with the truth. 

Underneath everything is just a person.  A person we don't know.  Not at all. We all hide in different things.  

Anyway both of those things aligned at the perfect time. My mind was kinda like a sponge, cuz I was really seeing life.

That's what I was thinking.  

Laterzzzzzzzzz.        :)

xoxo.         :)

xxoo.         :)

Byeeeeeeeee.        :)))

MWAH.          :)

No comments: