Tuesday, April 27, 2021

The Next Best Thing.

People have always wanted to create the next best thing. Or at least make money selling "the next best thing".  Snake oil, fad diets, vitamins, supplements. You name it. We kinda are at the mercy of the experts. Experience is a good teacher. 

Me, I say diets are dumb, unless you plan on eating like that the rest of your life. Experience tells me if you lose a lot of weight by some crash starving regimen,  you'll gain it back, once things go back to normal. 

The best diet is probably activity.  The best diet is to turn off the TV probably.  Common sense tells me food rich in nutrients is better than vitamins. A fitbit, and blood pressure machine give you good information. 

I guess people today have more information available, then say 150 years ago. Not that it does much good in the age of YouTube. 

I dummied down my life. Work,  eat, sleep.  Luckily work, and dogs,  and a house keep me very active, and keep tv time down. 

My life is a real dumbed down version of what I'd be able to do on any given day. The hours are mostly accounted for. I enjoy them too. Probably the best thing about my life is I am not looking for a better one. 

Yesterday was fine. I worked,  took the dogs, we picked up our truck. A tune up was $467, because the engineers make it a real obstacle to change spark plugs.  All the C- engineering students get hired by car companies.  Anyway, I got my summer bike out, and I am excited about that. We made a simple dinner, and watched a couple episodes of a modern family. That show is its always sunny in Philly funny. I got my workout in too, plus made my salads for 2 days. Its my new thing. Make 2 salads the day before you need 1. I am sick of making it in the mornings.  

That's about it. I got stuff to do today too. Busy is good, and busy is fun.  

I spose.  

Laterzzzzzzz.         :)

xoxo.            :)

xxoo.           :)

Byeeeeeee.        :)))

MWAH.           :)

No comments: