Friday, April 2, 2021

Is This How Summer Goes?

I guess I already don't remember last year. We worked late yesterday. After I took the dogs it was close to 4:00 already. Time go start dinner. Imagine if I had to run the sprinkler,  water the garden etc...  What would I do for dinner?  You look forward to Summer,  but it is busy. Every day. Once again I was approaching 30,000 and 13. 

Busy is good, I like busy. Makes for a good day, but sometimes I wonder why I get so excited for it.  :)  

Anyway, not much besides that. Just doing this life thing. Nothing spectacular in the least. Work, eat, sleep. They invested a good amount of the $5000 I put into my IRA yesterday. 48 shares of such and such. 62 shares of this, and 27 shares of that.  I do not look past that. It's neat I guess looking at shares accumulate,  but I do absolutely no studying of where its going. Its why I have people do it for me. My other account is the same way. I originally gave them a lump sum plus $100 every week til the pandemic started.  I didn't do nothing for a while,  and now I give them $75 each week. At my age time flies,  so it adds up. I also put designated amounts into savings accounts too each week. I definitely am saving. 

I guess that's how the chasing after wind goes. You can just keep doing it. You'll never want to end. Will I ever really want to retire,  and give up that income?  People do it,  and they do it happily I guess. My body stays active, and I work out. I should be able to work at a high level into my early 70s.  

People who carry excess weight will struggle with that. So many mistakes are made after high school. God we play sports and stuff for so long. Burning calories like a machine,  and then it all stops. I don't think you realize it in your 40s too much. 50 is like the health year. They start testing you for all kindsa stuff. 

I am lucky I guess. I've been at a good weight all in my 50s.  My jobs keep me active. I changed my diet a bit to be more heart healthy. I am 54, and I feel like my legs can take me anywhere. I lift my body weight a lot with different exercises, so I don't get a lot of aches and pains. Busy is good for your health. 

My running is probably done, but I still am active, and I still get miles in. Dogs are good for that.  For me anyway. Dogs never don't want to go for a walk. Its their highlight, so a little added motivation for me to get more miles, and steps. 

50 plus is different. You start thinking of the end game. Every day you kinda gotta wonder if there is some invisible thing inside trying to reduce your days.   :)  I have no regrets of my past really. I am 54 like I said. My body can do whatever I ask of it. It bends good,  lifts good,  and my legs can take me for miles.  Nothing spectacular. Spectacular is a thing we need to come to terms with. We aren't,  and we never were. 

Anyway, I spose.  

Laterzzzzzzz.        :)

xoxo.        :)

xxoo.      :)

Byeeeeeee.       :)))

MWAH.       :)

No comments: