Saturday, January 9, 2021

All In A Day

We got out of work early yesterday, so I was hoping to see a matinee. No such luck. First movies were at 4-5:00. I am strictly a matinee person. 

So, I  took the dogs, and did what I kinda hope to do before a day off. Do a lot of my day off stuff the night before. All I have to do now is workout, and go shopping. I'll figure something for dinner too. 

I finished the hillbilly elegy book, and it ended as it started. Unremarkable. It didn't tell a fascinating story. The author isn't a hero. There are no heroes in this story. I do not want to watch the movie on Netflix. Not because there are no heroes,  but mostly because I see no story. 

The one thing we learn is white rural America is increasingly poor. I have to imagine black inner city people are suffering the same. Drugs, addiction,  broken homes etc... are the common theme for all I imagine. 

The Economy has changed. It is out of the Government's hands to fix this problem. Yes we can repair roads,  and build bridges, and that stuff helps. I come from Michigan. The West side which is actually pretty affluent. Prior to that the Northwest suburbs of Chicago, which also was pretty affluent at the time, so I do NOT know the rural life at all. I grew up in a time where going to College was what you did. I fucked around, got my degree, and was $10,000 in debt at the end. The hey day of higher education. 

I don't think there is a real opportunity for an affluent life in many parts of rural America. Those who escape. and get an education probably don't come back. So there is a brain drain problem on top of it. 

There is no easy fix. The kids don't get educated more than what they see growing up, then they won't be any better. Drugs and alcohol will be pretty prevalent I'd imagine to the ones STUCK in their doomed life. 

There is no easy fix. We do make fun of the Kentucky senator of 1000 years for having what is it? 15 of the poorest 25 counties of the US are in his State. I dare say government, and education are not the only things needed to create jobs. There has to be useable natural resources for some type of manufacturing,  and a nice place for businesses to move. I doubt many people relish the opportunity to move to the great rural Kentucky areas. 

As to the politics white rural America vote Republican,  and black inner city vote democratic. Politics wont fix the problems there are. I don't know how to cure drugs, alcohol, and addictions like that. They are everywhere. 

I don't know how to bring jobs to rural America either. I don't know how to fix the inner cities. 

It isn't a policy here or a policy there that can be a fix all. We really need better people to change the look of the landscape. I don't know how to do that either. 

It's kinda like that Ayn Rand book. Too sad to read. There is very little hope to cure the landscape of American life. I do okay,  but you know what?  I help no one in rural Kentucky,  and no one in the inner cities. It is out of my power. 

Yeah I work,  eat, and sleep. I would hope others can find the good life like I have, but I do nothing to help them. 

Anyway, I spose.  

Laterzzzzzzzz.     :)

xoxo.      :)

xxoo.     :)

Byeeeeeeeee.      :)))

MWAH.       :)


No comments: