Sunday, March 14, 2021

When 6=20.

I got my "long" run in yesterday,  and it was just like long runs of the past... well besides not being really long. My average pace was quicker than 11:09/mile. I forgot to pause my watch a couple times when Hope stopped,  and I chatted with someone I know. Most miles were in the 10:00s. 

My body is not used to 6 mile runs,or putting in that kind of effort for an hour. My legs felt the effort after, and my mind had that long run feel after. 

I still had to finish my day off stuff, and go shopping,  and cook dinner. Workout too.   :)

I did get everything done with a ton of time to spare. I did learn some things. 6 miies running for me is ~10,000 steps. Not all steps are created equal obviously,  but I did appreciate my daily approach of 30,000 steps.  Also if I were to give someone advice, I would definitely tell them increase your steps.  Also for me,  I constantly eat when I am my most busy. Those are free calories.  Typically I don't eat crap, except the occasional pig in a blanket. Mostly fruit and veggies. 

Also I learned there are a good amount of people who will never know what a long run is like. There is nothing like running that makes you feel like that. 

I enjoyed yesterday. It was fun. At 54 I don't take running for granted. Injuries are a real thing. I think there are things I can do to keep me healthy. Diet, frequency, and length of runs. As I build mileage I can cut out garbage miles. You know where all my runs approach 6 miles or more. Only run 3-4 times per week. 

It is all pretty exciting I guess.  The only thing I don't want to do is lose much weight.  I am at marathon pr weight already.  I gained a half pound last week. I don't want to get down to 150 pounds. I hope running doesn't make me lose much weight.  I'd be fine at like 158 pounds. Running long fucks up your appetite too. Maybe the body goes into some kind of shock, and you don't want food. 

I do remember long runs of the past. The mind death after. Just being mentally drained.  

Like I said.  Yesterday was good.  

Laterzzzzzzz.       :)

xoxo.         :)

xxoo.        :)

Byeeeeeee.        :)))

MWAH.        :)

No comments: