Monday, March 29, 2021

A Book, And Basketball.

So I listened to another book by Celeste Ng. She is a good author. This book was everything I never told you. Its about a perfect daughter with a great future who was found dead in the bottom of a pond. Her perfect family was shaken to their core.  The book tries to find out what happened. We learn the family wasn't perfect, she wasn't perfect. The daughter's future was what her mom wanted for her,  not what she wanted.  

It was a perfect replica of the perfect family,  cuz they were fucked up. Just like anyone else.  There is something refreshing about fictional books that portray way more truth than any non fiction book. Celeste I believe is an American of Chinese descent. She brings that aspect in too.  Asian people look different than typical Americans. As much as black people do, so they have their own issues growing up in this culture.  Us whites have no idea what it is like to grow up every day looking different than anyone else.  Growing up white ain't no walk in the park. Imagine having extra shit thrown on your back.  

The other book I listened to from her was little fires everywhere. It was a book I almost bought,  but actually listened to. Anyway I was entertained for 10 hours yesterday, and then I watched some basketball. First off Michigan was going to struggle to beat LSU, but they beat them. FSU was going to be a real struggle too, cuz they are so tall and athletic. Our guards were undersized. They went out and clobbered them anyway.  I didn't see such a blowout coming.  

There are 3 number 1 seeds remaining.  Michigan was the weakest link of the number 1s.  Illinois in my opinion was a can't miss team.  They were too good,  but they are the ones with the early exit. What's up with the pac 12?   

Yesterday ended up being okay. I plowed through another book, worked 8 hours.  It was a shitty 40 degree day, but I stayed busy, and active.  I don't have the Monday morning after a complete lazy ass weekend to deal with.  My taxes get done today too. I'm going to try to finish my book I am reading this week.  It too tells a story of a family.  A family with secrets.  

Anyway,  I spose.  

Laterzzzzzzz.          :)

xoxo.          :)

xxoo.         :)

Byeeeeeeeeee.         :)))

MWAH.        :)

No comments: