Thursday, August 27, 2020

Has The World Always Been This Chaotic?

Hurricanes, baseball, protestors,  presidential elections. There always is something to worry about I guess. I mean people have stress over any number of things. How much is self induced I know not. I don't really have an abundance of stress.  It helps I am not a parent I guess. 

I am going Monday to get my dad checked into an assisted living place. He no longer can do a lot of simple shit, and he needs it. It's been in the works, and a meeting was already set. It made it super easy to tell him when his heroin addict friend came to the house yesterday morning looking for money. I was at work. Lisa said she looked like she was going to die. In a full blown out withdrawal episode. She, and he is due in court today for her shoplifting, and whatever else. The cops know her by name, so I can only imagine the amount of priors.  My dad has just become a flat out liar. He said he had no place to go, but he lied. His case worker was still footing the bill. I told him no more shit with that girl, but that didn't work,  so he's out. Either assisted living or he's on his own again. Assisted living will probably take most of his social security which would be probably the best thing for him. His money now goes to a heroin addict. I'll never understand that. 

Whatever, soon no longer my problem. People make choices, and they have to live with them. Not my responsibility to fix it. That's why people get social work degrees. I don't have one so there. Obviously a person going through severe heroin withdrawal needs professional help, not an enabler. William Burroughs was able to flow in and out of heroin addiction pretty successfully, but you know they were probably cutting it with different shit. Today's stuff can, I'd imagine, make withdrawal life threatening.  

A simple thing like alcohol is easy for me to drink, and I'd be better off not. Alcohol is simple to quit. Ciggarettes are impossible to quit probably. Today's heroin, I can only imagine. 

So, its Thursday. Basically one more week of summer after this week. Labor Day, the official end. Work will slow down a bit til Christmas. Sports is all weird. Not helped by another black person shot. I can see big cities where there may be problems. Gangs, poverty, drugs, etc...  everyone owns a gun. Kenosha Wisconsin?  Geesh. 

You would think the most important thing facing the nation would be an intelligent discussion about social inequities. How to build up people. A message of divide is probably the spark that can ignite the inferno.  

The Rush Limbaughs have been getting pretty rich spewing hate, and division. Kinda a Joe McCarthy really. That's his goal too. Money. Hate sells the best. Division has been going on for decades now really. Division has only one end. Eruption.  We are seeing it now.  It would take a lot to change the trajectory of where we are headed. 

Anyway, I  guess today will be a work,  eat, sleep. Kinda excited to run, and workout too. I know I'll be tired after work though. To get the run, and workout in would be pretty huge though. 

You know getting your thoughts down can be relaxing. I've been doing it a while. I don't even know why. It's just in me you know?  

Anyway, I spose.   

Laterzzzzzzzz.      :)

xoxo.        :)

xxoo.       :)

Byeeeeeeeee.        :)))

No comments: