Saturday, May 1, 2010

7:30's

Last year the goal was 8:00's on the 8K.  This year it is 7:30's.  I haven't been running 7:30's really too much, so I think I can be a bit quicker than that.  I guess at mile 4, I'd like to be at 30 minutes, and then kick it in from there. 

You know what would be a lot easier???  If I just pasted it here.  I think I will.  I have been sending this message out to friends who I care about.  Some of the Journey readers already know this, but guess everyone should.  It is part of my past and a part of me.  I don't particularly want to hide it.  You know why??  I don't want anyone to think I am fabulous, cause I guarantee you I am not!!!  I have my past, and it wasn't always fun and games.  No one's ever is.  On the whole I'd hope we all have more enjoyable moments then the hard rain days. 

For the record, I sent this originally to someone I don't really know that well, but for some non-random reason felt really comfortable telling her.  We have become friends out of the blue.  A lot of you might know me this way.  :)  She is great, and me and her husband hung out for a couple years after H.S. perhaps a bit even during H.S.  who can remember crap 78 years ago??  As you can imagine we had some pretty crazy times!!!   I haven't matured a bit since.  :)

Here it is:  edited out personal names and stuff

Let him know a little about me. This is for you too I guess. I know weird opening up to you, but I feel comfortable for some reason. Life????!!!

-1992 6- Days P.I.C.U. Psychiatric Intensive Care
-Schizophrenic Diagnosis
-1 year or so of horrible depression
-gained 40 lbs. or so (wanted to sleep 100 hours each day)
-Never took any pills, since P.I.C.U. (didn't believe in diagnosis)

- Worked at Menards since 1994
- only missed 3 days of work- all together. (pneumonia) (2000??)
- moved up dept. manager and back down
- Great position now M-F out at 2:00 p.m. every day later if I want
- My best friend and Brother-in-law came out of the closet 10 years or so ago.
- Lisa's (wife) and her whole side of the family thought I was nuts as recent as this winter I guess.

Anyway, just wanted to let you know some things about me. I think guys worry about how they perceive others viewing them. Girls are a little more laid back about that stuff.

It's cool!! :)



that's my story and I am sticking to it!!  :)


Goal today I guess is to beat 37:30.  P.R. is 39:40... going from memory, but it is pretty close to that. 

I'll let you know.  :)

Have a good one!!!  xo's   :)

1 comment:

~L said...

I love you and your story. Thank you for sharing.
I read your words and hear growth, strength, confidence, and relief. I pray your loved ones open enough to learn more of you.
God's blessings and peace be with you Steve.
L