Sunday, May 23, 2010

6:19

I learned a lot running my 4 laps.  I think I will put it in a list:

  • Hard to not go out too fast on the first lap
  • need to do the mile more than once every 3 years to get a feel for it.
  • I don't go all out very often... my lungs were sore
  • Not everyone wants to suffer @ 7:00 a.m.  next one will be later in the morning
  • Doing an all out mile is good speed work!!
  • lost focus on the final lap for a bit.  
  • Need to do it without music
  • Hard but fun.  
Another thing I learned is it is almost impossible to play that ladder ball toss game without swearing.  I mean when you score one and the darn thing is twirling and falls off at the last second.  How does anyone play that stupid game without cussing up a storm?  Kids were around last night too.  ;)

You guessed it.  I got nothing today.  What the hell am I doing up at 2:30 a.m.???  I have no idea.  I think I will go back to bed.

good night!!! 

p.s. Johnny was the only other one to show up and he got a 5:40.  His first lap was fast too.  2nd and 3rd were survive, and then he shrugged me off at the final lap.  He said I got this, and booked.  He really kicked it.  No wonder he is a champ.  When it gets hard he brings it!!  He thrives on that!!  He is impressive!!

My laps-- 1:30-1:38-1:38-1:33  I think that is right.  First one too fast!!
Johnny's--1:23-1:133-1:28-1:16

Now I am off to bed!!!... again!!

xo's!!!  :)

No comments: