Monday, February 8, 2021

It Is Snowing Again.

Sheesh. It is really cold though, so it's a light snow.   Still though. I watched the full Superbowl. It was horrible. Boring. I did get through a ton of my queen's gambit book. The show on Netflix is really good. I'm watching it for a 2nd time. What I realize in the book is chess is a lot of study. You can dig deep for years and years,  and still not make a dent. 

Couple that with a person's natural ability for recall, and its a difficult game to master. That I get my ass kicked regularly by a 1200 ranked computer player doesn't bug me so much. Also,  I am coming up with a standard plan of how I open games. I am not going to be good anytime soon, and more likely never,  but I will have fun learning. 

If this pandemic ever ends, I may even see if there is a local club,  and maybe even go to a tournament sometime.  I am not sure if there is such a thing I haven't checked, but it could be fun. 

A new week starts today. Superbowl was a waste of time. Are they always that dumb?  

One thing I learned about the queen's gambit is it is kinda a solo journey to become a great chess player. People can marvel at you, but you really aren't doing shit. We all are on a solo journey,  and we aren't doing shit.  We aren't making people's lives better no matter what we are doing. 

Look at this stupid blog. I've done it a long time,  and it does nothing. It doesn't make my life better, and it makes no one else's better either. Tom Brady won his 7th Superbowl. That makes no one else's life better. In fact typically that kind of shit gives people an overeggagerated view of oneself.  Trophies don't turn people into Saints.  As Solomon says its all vanity. 

Anyway, I spose.  

Laterzzzzzzz.      :)

xoxo.         :)

xxoo.       :)

Byeeeeeee.      :)))

MWAH.        :)

No comments: