Wednesday, February 17, 2021

I Had To Go Back To 60,000 Steps

Yesterday I approached 30,000 steps, and 13 miles. Nothing crazy. There was a dog walk, some shoveling. Some bending,  picking up a random 50 lb. Bag of something here and there. By the end of the day I was beat. I worked out, did dishes,  and cooked dinner too. 30,000 is not anywhere near 60,000. 12.92 miies isn't anywhere near 25+  

I will concede I have to bend a lot,  kneel,  lift shit. I am not just straight out walking, but still. 30,000- 60,000, and 13- 25 + is quite a difference. I don't think I could do it day after day. 

Luckily I am at an  age, where I don't feel the need to do superhuman stuff. Also I don't have a form of psychosis which speaks to me to up my steps to 60,000 each day. I do marvel at that guy though.  60,000 steps every day is an achievement. For one day let alone every day. Ridiculous. 

Yesterday was busy for me. I already told you I was tired at the end of the day. I made catfish for dinner, cuz I like it, and Lisa went out with work friends. She doesn't like it for some reason. 

We probably got around 4-5" of snow yesterday, but my driveway is clear. Not many houses in town can say that. Also I roof raked, and things are melting. The sun came out yesterday, and things started melting. I doubt it reached 20⁰, but the sun was still melting stuff. There is some scientific explanation as to why the sun melts stuff when the temp is below freezing, but I am not sure why that is. I am glad it does though. Today,  I am going to take the truck through the car wash. Probably pick up a rotisserie chicken for dinner, walk the dogs, and that is it. A simple day. 

Yesterday's 30,000 steps has me realizing this summer will be pretty busy. I called up my financial guy,  and I am starting to put money in again every week into my taxable account. My IRA I will lump sum in late March. I feel good about that. Lisa puts 10% of every check into her 401K. My second job I do too, plus the company matches a percentage. Assuming good health we will live well in our later years. I will work in some capacity always. I would have to. I have a solid 15 years to do what I do now. Live simply, work,  and stash money away. All things being equal. 

If I slow down at some point I will still do something for 4-5 hours-5 days/week. I am sure I will still want a routine. Luckily for me, I have no desire to travel. That's an expense I really don't have to worry about. It doesn't mean I won't,  but it isn't a priority by any means.  

Anyways,  I spose.  

Laterzzzzzzz.        :)

xoxo.          :)

xxoo.        :)

Byeeeeeeeeee.       :)))

MWAH.       :)

No comments: