Tuesday, October 6, 2020

Unexpected Soreness Is All You Can Call It

After work yesterday I realized I am pretty sore. It's from working out on Friday and Sunday after taking a week off. I was surprised. It was the kind of soreness that made you tired too. I fell asleep early watching a show,  which was unexpected. It was like a 4 cocktail tired, without those 4 cocktails.  Where does that come from?  

Yesterday was pretty busy on an activity front. 27,000 steps,  and over 12 miles. I did want to get more done,  but I didn't plan on being so tired. It must have been a muscle soreness tired that needs sleep to recover. I figured with not drinking I wouldn't have that fatigue. Especially since I only took a week off. oh well. Shit happens I guess. Today is a workout day, and I think it will be a good way of loosening up my sore muscles. 

I am going to take the dogs for a run today too. I figure I can run the days I workout. I'll try to take care of my knee, which can act up with too many consecutive run days. This is the season for good weather running. I don't expect to get in any great shape,  but you never know what the future holds. Better to be proactive about things. Notice how proactive has the word active in it?  

In my observations activity is definitely something lacking in society. it's a key to health I feel. I feel drinking every day is not the most healthy thing to do too. That's been a harder nut to crack. I am doing much better in that regard. 

It's a no brainer if you drink to excess frequently. I don't drink til I puke as it's been several years since that's happened.  I never get a headache either which is more a physiological anomaly more than anything. In the past I would drink enough to earn a headache if more normal in that way. I don't get headaches. 

My blood pressure,  and my fitbit helped me learn the negatives of alcohol. Stopping is not so easy though, even for those who have just a few at the end of the day. Like I said though, this year is going so much better. So much easier. I am not a good cold Turkey guy I guess, but more of a wean it off my habits I guess. I know for certain its just a mental thing. End of the day,  a drink would be nice kinda thing. 

Anyway, we did have shepherds pie last night. How good is that?  We definitely don't make that enough. Lisa makes that. We don't use authentic ingredients.  Croissant from a tube, can of green beans, potatoes from an envelope,  and cheese. It is so good. A pound of ground beef too. We demolished it. We both ate a lot for us. That too may be why I fell asleep earlier than normal. 

Life is busy. I want to do more than I think I possibly can. But that makes life worth living. It's kinda nice waking up knowing you have a full day in store. Also I feel like I want to do a million things. The energy before and after work is definitely different. I am not so raring to go as I am first thing in the morning, but I am still okay. The dogs always wanting a walk or run keeps me doing that most days. The value of my workouts are pretty huge too. 

Tuesday is starting out pretty good. 

I spose.   

Laterzzzzzzzz.     :)

xoxo.        :)

xxoo.       :)

Byeeeeeeeee.         :)))

MWAH.        :)


No comments: