Saturday, October 3, 2020

Another Sopranos Night

Yesterday I was able to bike to work,  and back. Also I was able to take the dogs, and got my workout in. Kinda like a normal day. I didn't drink last night, and it was pretty easy. Friday was typically a pretty good drinking night too. Mostly cuz you still go to bed early, but you get an extra hour of sleep. I work at 7:00 on Saturdays not 6:00 AM. I felt fine watching the Sopranos though. I like sucking on ice cubes when I don't drink. I wonder if that's a psychological thing. Instead of sucking down drinks, I suck on ice. 

So far this sober October seems to be going better than last year. It took me a year of trying maybe be able to do it. I do love the way my resting heart rate plummets. 

I see the President is hospitalized.  More importantly I guess we really see how quick this thing can spread. Not knowing anyone who has contacted it, its really hard to see. When the President gets it, and you see so many others close to him getting it now too, well that's eye opening. 

Pretty crazy stuff. I think it was in good taste that Biden took down negative adds while Trump is sick. Maybe Sun Tzu, and Machiavelli would argue a different strategy, but you know they are dead. They have been dead a long while.  The World could use a kinder gentler voice. Division has been the call for so long now, and that leads nowhere good. 

It seems on every issue the battle lines have to be drawn. In this election cycle so far every battle line Trump has drawn has backfired completely. No masks,  open up,  etc...  all the while if trump recovers quickly'ish he can bring the fire and brimstone again, but Biden will have a war chest to play with, and the Economy is not doing as good as hoped. Especially with some more Coronavirus increases as we approach flu season. 

I wouldn't mind a toned down political climate. Actually sick to death of the rhetoric honestly. 

Anyway in good news I do have my 3rd savings account hooked up to get money every week. The slow slow slow collection. It's a good thing though, cuz it is a smart thing you know. It  helps I don't really need to spend money on anything. I have bills and stuff, but no big expenditures besides the pool. I was hoping the stimulus would cover some of that. Oh well. There is still hope. I have to do the IRA too before April 15. I guess I do have to spend some money coming up. Like $12,000.  

That will take a chunk out of savings. 

Anyway. I have a day today. Another day of not drinking. A Saturday too. That's kinda a drinking day in the past too. An argument could be made though that all days are drinking days. At least for me. 

I spose.  

Laterzzzzzzzz.        :)

xoxo.        :)

xxoo.       :)

Byeeeeeeeee.        :)))

MWAH.        :)

No comments: