Friday, October 16, 2020

The Electric Guy Came

The Electrician came yesterday. He didn't show up at 2:30 as the original phonecall suggested, but 4:00 PM. I didn't have time to take the dogs. Our string of lights works, as does our outlet I had no hope for. I did the outlet myself a long time ago. I couldn't figure out why it didn't work a million years ago. It was basically the wire nuts we used were too small for the connections. So the connections came loose. There was a bad connection on one of the string of lights too. We had him do a breezeway thingy too. Peace of mind I tell you. Everything is in good working order. Stuff I wouldn't have been able to figure out. We had a set of wires still exposed we wanted to turn into an outlet. He told us these couldn't be for an outlet, so he just put it in a junction box, and called those wires a day. I don't know why it can't be an outlet.  People and their trade are a marvel to those with just a little knowledge. Me. 

That was the big thing yesterday. I didn't watch any town halls. I don't foresee any October surprises. Just over two weeks left. Many, including myself have already voted. 

The virus is starting to go crazy again. MI har its biggest day ever yesterday. 4% positivity rate too, which isn't ideal. It is going to be a tough winter it looks like. You can run, but you can't hide from it forever. Masks will be around a long time. 

I have today though. It should be fine. Work, dogs,  and whatnot. Dinner, sleep, and work tomorrow. I am thinking about buying a new winter commute bike. A fat tire again,  but newer. I need new tires for my current one. It's okay, but not that great. I don't really want to throw a ton of money into it, when a new one would be better anyway. I didn't buy mine new. I used it a ton of miles. In shitty weather too. Its time to get a new one. I hate spending money, but what the heck. There. You talked me into it Mr. Blog. 

It was a good day getting the electricity stuff done. Now, I can start my ceiling project. We can also add like a reading nook to our downstairs area. Also we can trim out our breezeway area. I'll have stuff to do to keep me busy this winter. Life is better this way. 

I am going to make a sourdough bread this weekend too. At work I refresh a backup twice/week. Basically use half of the starter to refresh it, and throw the other half out. I refreshed twice yesterday, and kept one for me to make bread at home. Such a convenience, cuz keeping your own starter at home is a royal pain in the ass. Especially if you don't make a ton of bread. It's fun to do once in a while. I'll use my starter for bread, and throw the rest out. If I want to make sourdough at home again, I will use the starter from work again. Kinda a cool perk for Fall, and Winter. No one wants to make bread in the Summer. 

Anyway, I spose.  

Laterzzzzzzzz.       :)

xoxo.       :)

xxoo.      :)

Byeeeeeeeee.       :)))

MWAH.        :)


No comments: