Wednesday, October 7, 2020

A Hickup In Sober October

I had some drinks last night. Not a ton. I didn't drink enough to get hungover or feel bad this morning, but I was buzzed. Why you ask?  Cuz I felt so good. I worked a full day, took the dogs for a run, which was awesome. I got my workout in, and I felt strong. I felt so good, I thought a couple drinks would feel good too. It did. I can't say I really whooped it up, cuz I actually slept for over 8 hours. and woke up at my normal time. The only negative is the elevated heart rate. It is just a hiccup though. I don't plan on drinking 70 days in a row. 

Consider my failure though. I was going to quit drinking for October. I failed plain and simply. Not cuz I was depressed or angry or anything, but I drank cuz I felt so good. I wanted to intensify the good feeling. I did for a bit,  ate dinner,  and slept. Slept a long time considering my normal. 

It's a failure. I concede it. I don't feel guilty though. I am not mad at myself. At this stage of me there was very little chance I could navigate away from not having a couple drinks last night. The little window into my addiction. 

If I didn't drink I'd be on top of the World this morning. As it is I don't feel horrible though. Our virus numbers are up,  but we are testing an average of 30,000 people per day, and our positive rate hovers around 3%.  3% is a pretty good number. Wisconsin appears to be inching toward our totals,  which is surprising. They have roughly half our population,  and no city near 1 million residents. Green Bay of all places is the 3rd most populated city in Wisconsin. Don't ask me how they caught up to us. Wisconsin is a big state. A ton of room. It would seem to be a pretty easy state to socially distance oneself. It may be Colleges getting hit hard. I don't know. 

It does go to show you we have no national plan to combat this. A complete failure at the top. The virus is way more far spread than it needs to be. It's a matter of the election is more important than the safety of its citizens. A selfish head of state is not a winning recipe during a pandemic. Especially during an election year. 

We have a bad President. One so bad those who back him, I do not consider my friend. Normally I would hope I wouldn't even care. I don't like mean people who are of no use. I consider the President to be one of those people. How he even won with all the nasty baggage he carries is beyond me. Party above all, for a good amount of people I guess. 

I would hope if we had another just as bad on our side I'd see through it. We haven't had a bad one in a while though. Clinton,  and Obama were pretty good Presidents. Bush gutted the treasury as did Trump. Not saying I was against either of the guttings, but there has to be a plan to reverse those charges right?  I think we are all like $40,000 in debt to our national debt. Per person. That's ridiculous right?  I'm all for spending more than we can afford at a national level if we need to. Its the only area money is created, but tough decisions have to be made to reverse it in times of surplus. Maybe if we all actually paid our taxes. I do. 

Companies and certain sitting Presidents not so much. 

Anyway, I spose. 

Laterzzzzzzzz.       :)

xoxo.        :)

xxoo.        :)

Byeeeeeeeee.      :)))

MWAH.      :)

No comments: