Friday, October 30, 2020

It Is The Friday Before The Election, and Vacation

So the election is almost here and gone, and next week I'll be on vacation. I already have a game plan for my major project. Saturday I'll bring all tools, and t&g packages downstairs. Get my area prepped,  so I can start right away Monday. I still work on Sunday. Maybe I even start a bit on Saturday. The electrician said I should clean up my connections in the lights. Plus there are these wire protectors we should have used. Grommets kinda to feed the wires through. Who knew?  I can get a lot of the annoying little shit done, well I guess it would be tomorrow. There is absolutely no pressure to get my normal day off stuff done. 

I think it will be a good vacation just to get a lot of stuff done. We will be totally ready for winter. I am looking forward to vacation, I feel I will get a good amount of domestic labor done. I don't feel I will be lazy. 

Thankfully the election is almost here and gone. I voted already. It will be nice when the election is over. I wonder if we will have a result on election night?  It seems the numbers haven't moved much all Summer. Haven't moved much since either. It comes down to turnout I guess. With a pandemic going crazy, and lives turned inside out in some cases I think people will find this election to be too important to keep their vote away.

What do I know though?  I am the guy  who always was like my vote doesn't matter. A statistical nothing basically.  My first vote ever was against a George Bush 2nd term. I  even canvassed in Grand Rapids.  :)   I was going to make a difference. :)

As one who was sorta right leaning at this period I turned hard left. I found out about the real America.  Howard Zinn. See "Good Will Hunting"  anyway a lot had happened since that time. I am a baker now for one. I still ride my bike to school. Not really much happened either. I did have a blog at the time though. "The Outside Corner"  I wanted it to be funny, but it wasn't. It was political. A lot of links to a nation writer I really liked at the time. I don't remember his name. He went on to medical school though. I had the hots for Katrina Vanden something or other. The editor for the nation. What's her name was there too. Naomi Klein. 

Whatever. my life has turned out fine since. I still wake up before I have to. 

Gotta run. 

Laterzzzzzzzz.      :)

xoxo.      :)

xxoo.      :)

Byeeeeeeeee.        :)))

MWAH.     :)

No comments: