Sunday, June 14, 2020

Til This Day I Am A Dumb White Guy

Geesh, there are still a ton of protests going on. In my past I have been so angry that slavery existed,  and angrier still about words how great our Country is or was. Wealthy yes relative to other countries.  Great?  Um, no. Not really.  The Marshall plan was great. Truman doctrine,  not so much. Stalin was in power though how do you deal with one monster when you just defeated another?  Not through Neville Chamberlain type diplomacy,  that's for sure. In the end the Truman Doctrine cost many lives. Without it who knows what the late 40s and 50s would be like. 

Anyway about the protests going on I am dumb. I saw the cop in Minnesota, and it is disgusting. Also I  understand this is not an uncommon thing. It is bad. I remember facing this problem in a Law class. How can you make things equal for blacks?  

You can't. You are looking at what 160 years after the emancipation proclamation. Schooling for black people was no way equal in the south. North  either for that matter. You are looking at multiple generations of keeping blacks not equal. You don't fix that overnight. It takes
generations to fix that. As to the questions of equality no we are not there. 

I am a dumb white guy. I have no idea the black person's walk. They carry a badge as noticeable as a yellow star, cuz they were born with it. Can never take it off. I am a dumb white guy I don't know what that is like. How do you fix the inequity of 160 plus years, not to mention however long slavery was before that. 

The only thing powerful enough to overcome such injustice is forgiveness. Us white people,  well I'd say those of us who look at these types of things sure are sorry. We cannot fix the wrongs done. The power is all in the hands of the injured party. They've been dealt a bad hand. Us white people in america have been dealt a pretty good hand, and we didn't do anything great with it. I don't think peace is achievable for us lowly humans. We are not smart enough for such an enlightened way of life. 

So, I don't try and change the World. In the end I am not even powerful enough to change myself. A Saint I would have liked to be, but I am not able. I live in a World too where most/all think they are Saints due to some characteric(s) they may possess. 

So I work, eat, sleep. Tryna get in shape too. I gained another pound last week, and lost more body fat as a percentage. I've gained 5 pounds in the last 5 weeks, and lost 2 percentage points of fat. a pound each week too. I'd still like to be closer to 160, but I am active, and I spose I am building annoying heavy muscle. Also, I cannot stop eating.   :)  Last week I was at 79 miles. I don't see that going down anytime soon. 

Anyway it is Sunday. I have a lot to do. Today will be day 15 in a row of running. Halfway there. If you ever see someone do something for 30 days straight, and it motivates you to do something for 30 days straight.  Don't do it. Not unless you are the type of person who likes to wear a noose around your neck. I don't see many,  and actually any people doing that. Still though it's good for me. 

Remember when I was worried weighing 158. I am doing pretty good now. 

Laterzzzzzzzzz.      :)

xoxo.          :)

xxoo.          :)

Byeeeeeeeeeee.        :)))

No comments: