Sunday, June 7, 2020

Running Is Hard For A Non Runner

Running sure is a hard thing to do if you haven't run in a while. I know I stopped at some point during my coughing problem. It's been a while,  and I have no idea how long. Long enough you could consider me a non runner. I am putting in 11:00-12:00 minute paces in my ~1.5 mile route. It isn't exactly easy either. My lungs are not used to this cardio thing. I rode my bike for transportation a lot, but it isn't the same. My commute is super short,  and I don't time trial it at all. I don't go slow, but I don't try and kill it. 

So, basically I start as a non runner, and I'll tell you what.  People who want to be runners have a steep hill to climb. It just isn't easy at all. Luckily I already know how the other side is, so I won't get frustrated. running 30 days in a row is a grind though. I've only done it 7 days so far. 

I drank last night. Just my usual. I don't plan on doing it again til maybe next Saturday if I feel like it. Like I told you the addiction is gone, so I did it for the heck of it. I thought it would be a good way to relax at the end of my week. At the expense of reading my book, and doing other stuff. I was tired, and beat. 77 miles last week was my total. Running after my Saturday job is not ideal, but I had to get it in. It was then I realized or re-reremembered how hard running really is. I did my pushups,  and pullups too. 

I gained another pound last week. 164.7, and I continue to lose body fat as a percentage. Lemme check. 23.2% was my high,  and I am at 21.5%   my goal is a random 15%  obviously body weight does not fluctuate a ton. Mine had been going down steadily over the last month or so. Not a ton,  but a bit. 

Oh, I slept almost 10 hours last night. I got an 80 score. It wasn't higher cuz my REM was only 1.5 hours, not 2.5 like it should be with that amount of sleep. Drinking fucks up your sleep too. My BP was fine this morning, as I assumed it would be. One day of drinking will not necessarily have bad health repercussions if it is just one day per week.  Every day is bad. Trust me. I tried everything to have my cake and eat it too, or whatever that saying is. My resting heart rate went up 3 BPM though,  that you cannot escape,  but still way down from when I drank every day. 

I have to cut the grass again, and I think I am going to Dicks Sportting Goods to buy exercise equipment. I think I'll do the home gym. Obviously the old peoples workout place isn't a social activity for me. It's just do my work, and call it good. I can do that at home without a monthly fee. I figure one year of that monthly fee will pay for my equipment. Also I know I'll use it. Plus I can add squats to my repertoire,  so that would be good. I can't do all the exercises I did at my workout place,  but I can still do all the muscles plus different stuff. I am excited about that actually.  

Besides that not much. Today will be a busy day. A lot to do kinda. It will be a good day though. Another stretch of not drinking starts again. Also more running, and more working out. I eat like a guinea pig throughout my work day. An orange here, an apple there. Cherries if I have them. Those are so good. I eat a salad, and a sandwich too. Also i have unsalted cashews too. I eat non stop at work. I kinda have to too. 

Anyway, i love a day of sleep recovery.  Pretty awesome.  

Laterzzzzzzzzz.    :)

xoxo.       :)

xxoo.         :)

Byeeeeeeeeeee.         :)))


No comments: