Saturday, June 6, 2020

I Know, I know, It Is Saturday

One thing I rarely, and actually probably never do is not drink on a Friday. I didn't drink last night, so I guess I have time to blog. You may think I might get a high from being sober on a Saturday morning, but I am not. I am happy my resting heart rate is down another notch,  and my BP reading is good. Not a feeling of oneupsmanship over my previous self. I would love to have that. It would be awesome.   :)

You may wonder how I know my addiction to drinking is over. I can't really explain it. I just know. It's not like I have  recovered from addictions before, but I just know. I am not even sure how major of an addiction it was, since I was fully functional. if my BP wasn't my low point I probably would have no reason to quit. It is though,  and I quit,  and its fine with me. 

I did quit smoking cigarettes once. I smoked for about a year a million years ago. I never ever could quite get up to 20 ciggarettes in a day. After a while it is just too nasty. The semi addiction I walked away from like that,  and never looked back. You kinda get a distaste for it after you quit. Same with alcohol. I don't crave alcohol, and actually the opposite. I have a distaste for brandy, and the less than stellar buzz I'd get. When you are done with addiction you just know. Before that it's a battle I guess. I cannot explain. 

Life goes on. I will probably be around 76 miles this week, so activity is definitely up to previous norms, and will only continue to grow. Today will be day 7 of not drinking, and I have to run after work for day 7. Running every day would be fine if I didn't already have a lot of miles on my legs. We will see what it can turn into though. I kept thinking what was my other 30 day thing?  It was smoking. Since I don't smoke I assume ciggarettes to be ~$7/pack so I put $7 each day into a savings account. I just have an automatic transfer set up for $49/week, so I don't have to do it. I think I'll set up a Brandy account to do the same. $49/month for all the Brandy I don't drink. Before covid-19 I was putting $100 each week into my Discover anyway, and $100 into my investment account, so it ain't no thing. I have yet to add to my investment account. I don't trust the market really. Yesterday's job news doesn't scream huge day for WS to me. Maybe cuz I know firsthand manufacturing jobs took a hit. We have a lot of manufacturing jobs in West MI, and I know there were real layoffs. Not furloughs if you will. 

I don't think it was all of the virus doing it either.  I can always have them go more conservative from now on too. I am more interested in capital preservation with a small rate of return, than the big bang, big bust plan. I have my job you know?  Paychecks every week from both my jobs, so that adds money to my pot each week. We don't really have much we need to spend money on either besides the basics. I do like getting my accounts bigger though. I'll probably add to my investment account again soon. 

What else?  Not too much. I am older,  and more and more disinterested it seems. I do realize you cannot do all the things. Being a Jack of all trades takes a ton of time. My routine is pretty busy. Plus I have to run, and do my resistance training during the week. Gardens, and grass need to be cared for. Summer is busy. I go to bed tired. I wanna read my book more. but man my eyes are just ready for sleep at the end of my day. I guess that is a good thing. 

Oh, one thing I learned from not drinking is I have to get up and pee a couple times each night. I still drink a ton of water even when I don't drink. I think I just like the taste. Maybe it's just cuz in the past I always was sipping some type of beverage.  I don't know, but I do love water. 

I spose. Better get ready for work.  

Laterzzzzzzzzz.      :)

xoxo.         :)

xxoo.        :)

Byeeeeeee.       :)))

No comments: