Friday, June 5, 2020

That Is Good

My first BP read was a false one I believe. 119/79, or something ridiculous like that. 2nd one was 133/83. That is definitely pretty good. Going in the right direction for sure. As I expected drinking  *could* be my miracle cure, or not drinking really, and it appears to be the case. The trick though is to beat the addiction. Turns out that you need persistence and luck I spose. Persistence to keep trying after you for sure will fail many times. Luck that eventually the addiction just leaves. Somehow the mental part of the addiction is no longer. 

Drinking definitely is a young man's game. Once you turn 50 it is probably time to let it go. At least if you have BP problems like me. My next addiction may be a health addiction. I hate those weenies too.  :)

I'll take the good BP, and the good blood work that goes with not drinking. My triglycerides were my only bad part of my blood work. High from alcohol consumption I am sure. That should drop. 

So anyway yesterday was a busy day. Approaching 13 miles busy. Plus my little run, and pushups, and pullups. Actually got shit done around the house too. Dishes put away, fill the dishwasher, put those away later. I made my 2 salads, and made dinner too. Only had enough rest time to read like a chapter of my book. 

Florida left us in the dust in covid-19 numbers. Texas, Florida, and Georgia all opened up their states due to political reasons instead of scientific reasons, so I was interested to see how they would do. Not good these days. That being said California has been in lock down very early, and they still suck. Illinois too, but they may be recovering. A weird little virus right?   So for our State of MI it seems things were handled okay. Nearby governors got together and worked out a plan. Our plan seemed to work for us. 

Death to covid-19 seems unlikely if you are healthy. Let's look at me. When this first started I stopped working. We did some shit around the house, but my sleep was fucked. I was drinking every day too. Blood pressure was high probably, and that cough I've had for 6 months or so. I feel so much better about myself now, and the direction I am headed. 

Covid-19 compared to the flu. I am not going to expose myself to any flu. Getting sick sucks.  I'd still go see a movie, and people go to hockey games etc... with just a flu scare. This virus is pretty brutal though.  It won't kill most of us, but how sick would we get?  A small business gets a pocket, and that business is in trouble. If say 5 people got sick at the bakery, we'd be in a World of hurt. A flu lasts a day or two. Covid-19 is much worse. So you see the dilemma. 

Funny thing about the food industry too is from what I've seen, the percentage of people who smoke in this industry is probably several percentage points higher than the country as a whole, for whatever reason. Covid-19 may affect smokers harder I guess if their respiratory system is already at a little higher risk. 

Anyway as to the shut down it was brutal. We have no idea how brutal. Covid-19 was an unknown. We didn't know the death rate we'd be looking at. Turns out it was small, but as a percentage. A lot of people still died as a total number. With Florida spiking,  and all the old people there it is surely going to go higher. Monday morning quarterbacking is easy. Real time decisions are different. Add in a Presidential election year, and much was at stake. Those who made decisions based on politics will likely get their walking papers next time around. 

Politics and health don't really mix so great. Politics makes us blind with hate and fury, and every other emotion. Health decisions based on science are just small talking truth bombs. Things like "we will have to take a biopsy of that lump sir or madam" is just scary words. There is no view of politics when one confronts their mortality with a health issue. 

You see?  Politics had the potential to turn us all into screw balls, cuz we lead by emotion based on our side got it right. No side gives one flying fuck if you die of cancer. That's your shit to deal with. Maybe you have a couple friends, and some family who may give a shit, but that's about it. 

I'd say a lot of people invested way too much of their time in politics. During my life I invested way too much time in alcohol. I wouldn't change a thing about it either. When it was time for me to give it up, as an objective health decision I did.  After several start and fails that is. 

Anyway, I spose.  

Laterzzzzzzzz,        :)

xoxo.           :)

xxoo.           :)

Byeeeeeeeee.       :)))

No comments: