Thursday, June 4, 2020

Four Is Better Than Three

So day 4 running went better than day 3. My legs were fine. Running is still hard'ish due to not being in running shape,  and one could argue not in any kind of cardio shape. My legs weren't sore though. Being tired after work,  and then running is hard. Just hard to get out there. You can always run when you are tired, you just have to get out there. I would say by next Monday my cardio will be vastly improved. 

My blood pressure was 143/85 this morning. On my first try, so 2nd probably would have been lower. I will be very interested to see what it does next week. If I was drinking it would read much higher. Now you see the fear. When I took my original miracle medication my BP was fine. After a couple years it was great, but a cough developed. Uncontrollable. A side effect. So I am using different stuff that works differently. Really though it is the not drinking that will be the miracle cure. Plus a little more cardio, and continue with resistance training, which I have to do again today. 

Florida made a huge jump yesterday and overtook us. Whitner did good by us. We were one of the worst States. She had armed militia come to protest at our Government buildings even. We were bad, we locked down, and now we are much better. There is no doubt we were hit hard, and today retail stores open up fully,  and Monday bars and restaurants open at 50% capacity. The timing for stuff in Michigan is spot on. No doubt a success story for our new Governor in her 1st year.  :)

Still plenty of shit to worry about though. For me, I guess I continue to do my thing. I still am busy. I added running to my repertoire again. That will ultimately potentially take away some after work productivity. Maybe not, but my guess is it will. 

At 40 I learned i could run marathons. Running marathons meant i could do whatever i want. Eating and drinking wise anyway. 50, and I am unhealthy. BP high, and cholesterol high. I wasn't worried. I drank too much though. Pretty much a pint of Brandy each day. I turned that into less than a pint each day. After a while in my 40s I could not stay healthy running. 40s there isn't anything to worry about. 50s you actually do pay attention to your health. 

It is a new day for me finally. The most important thing missing now is the mental side of addiction. The desire that comes from falsely imagining the euphoric feeling I would have if I drank. The power of that is gone. Really it is fine being in my mind without alcohol. For me it was more a lesson in persistence rather than a lesson in perfection,  or strength. 

I failed time and again with alcohol. Just this past year too when I really wanted it. Life is fine without it. Not to mention running is back in. Health too. All positives really. 

Anyway, I spose.  

I really like this new me. I wanted to start another show yesterday. Not sure which one. Was gonna search, but I picked up my book. It is so good. My 3rd Dean Koontz book, and I loved them all so far. I hate sleeping, and having to put it down,  but when I am ready for bed, I am ready. These eyes have no way to stay open. 

Laterzzzzzzzz.        :)

xoxo.           :)

xxoo.         :)

Byeeeeeeeeee.        :)))

No comments: