Friday, June 19, 2020

It Seemed Like A Rest Day

It kinda seemed like a rest day. After work, and my run I sat it seems more than usual. I still ended up with close to 14 miles,  and a good chance I hit 80 miles for the week. After work my legs were trashed I mentally prepared myself for a tough run. It helped. I think being mentally in my run will help me do better. I was always a just go out and run la 🎡🎢 la la 🎢🎡.  Not really thinking of running. I have no idea of where me running will lead if anywhere. Running in the heat after work does not give me confidence any of this is helping me get in shape. 

I am hoping to eventually add distance. Hoping to get to the point where I impress myself with miles.  I do believe the novelty of that has run dry. I sometimes think maybe I should bike more, but reality hits. You know, I am pretty busy as it is. Lisa goes to work next week, so I really have to start planning meals and stuff. Lately its work work work. Oops look, it is time to eat. We eat something easy or pick up something. I do crave the ability to go out for a 6 mile run like it is a walk in the park. I think me being mentally up for the challenge of running will help me get that back again. After a certain time you think you'd never lose it. I did lose it. You lose it you start from the beginning. I had no idea I'd ever be starting from the beginning. 

Beginning running is brutally hard. Speed work is hard for experienced running, but nothing will ever be as hard as beginning running. A beginning runner cannot fathom the marathoner. It's what made me want to do them. 

Anyway as I am pondering running i am kinda getting excited for running. Getting back to how i used to be. Maybe even come up with a plan. So much stuff in life. I have a lot of stuff to do each day,  but I think I will put a priority on running. It would be fun huh?  

Today will be a workout day. Trying to be mentally in my workouts to make them easier is what made me want to start being mentally into my runs.  So I wake up,  and ponder what can be. 

Maybe this blogging is good for me. It really is alone time with me and my thoughts, and desires and such. Most important thing today is running as a priority. Kinda exciting right?  

Anyway I spose. I may do a 2nd cup of coffee. 

Laterzzzzzzzz.       :)

xoxo.         :)

xxoo.           :)

Byeeeeeeeeee.      :)))

No comments: