Sunday, December 1, 2019

Thanksgiving Is Done.

Yay,  what a stupid holiday.  On this Thanksgiving I drank too much.  Went to bed really early.  I did get a lot of sleep, and felt fine the next day.   The Bears were on, I had nothing to do, and nothing I really wanted to do, so I watched the game, and had some drinks.  It is dumb I know.   What are you going to do?   Anyway, it is Sunday, and it is my regular day off.  I am up early, and I feel great.  

I did watch football yesterday, and my team got clobbered.  I thought they could be competitive, but I feel the domination has finally come to an end.  That Ohio State team is ridiculously good.  A lot of NFL players on that team.  I don't know how many they will lose this year, but my guess is a significant amount.  They will still be good, but MI isn't going to be worse next year.  At QB they will be just as good or better.  They finally have good RBs.  Defense should be good, so it will be a good team.  You would like to not get clobbered by your rival, but the rival is a better team this year... by a good margin.   Other teams played them tougher, but MI will be good next year.  They won't lose a step, and probably they gain.  

Basketball on the other hand is interesting.  How far can an unranked team climb one week.  Not being a top 25 team to beating the 6th and 8th ranked team convincingly?  Also my favorite team growing up hasn't done shit in a decade or longer.   They now are undefeated, and they beat some teams.  Iowa, Iowa State, Minnesota, Creighton too I believe.  Will they crack the top 25?  DePaul is the team btw.  Haven't done shit in forever, but this year it looks like they got a dominant inside guy, and outside guy, and some complementary players.   I am just going by the box scores.  I don't know the names of the players.   They appear to be under the radar currently though.   DePaul plays in the Big East so they will play some teams within the division.  

The Bulls are horrible this year, and they shouldn't be.  It should be a pretty good team all things considered.  Like close to .500, not a bottom dweller again.  Anyway, I feel pretty good about that stuff.   I like my teams, but if they are a Chicago team, and they are underperforming, well... that is pretty darn exciting too.   :)  The Bears are 6-6, and that is with one of the worst offenses in the league.  That can improve pretty easily.  

Anyway, I know that stuff is boring.   I have a little to do today, but not much.   I may try the 7 day free trial of Disney, and watch a movie or two.  I may keep the thing too, who knows.  My only problem is I have a ton of shit I can watch, and I really don't watch much tv during the week.   I am way too busy,  and tv just isn't that exciting to me.   Now is the perfect time to get zapped in a movie.  I did on Thanksgiving too.  I watched a movie about this time.  

Anyway, I just feel really good right now.   Do you people all wake up like this??   Excited for the day?   I sure feel that way right now.   I probably won't watch football, cuz who really cares?   I can watch the Bears, but outside that I don't really care.  I don't do fantasy shit, and I am glad about that.  That is just a time suck.  Not that I am doing productive things in its place, but fantasy stuff comes with absolutely no value to anything.   Like most stuff, it is just shit you do, at the expense of other stuff.   Probably the other stuff is of no value too.   Not much of what we do here is of any usefulness.  Its just a life.   A thing thats been done to death.  Our little time here is not special.  We are not unique.  Chances are people are trapped every Thanksgiving doing family stuff.   To us it is just another day.   We eat turkey, which we probably normally wouldn't eat.  

Personally, I am happy today with my regular day off.  Also ready to get back to my routine.   The routine should be regular for a week or so, and then it is ridiculous til after Christmas.  January, and February will be here, and that is pretty easy workwise.   The big slow down.  

My knee feels pretty good, so I can start running consistently again.  It will start hurting again, and I'll have to take some time off.   :)   Due to Thanksgiving my miles were down last week.  67 miles, which I swear was probably a pretty consistent mark for me in the past.  Now I blow by that easily for some reason.  

Anyhoo, today is a day.   It should be fine.   I gotta do some shopping, a little cleaning, make my salad for the week, and maybe check out some Cyber Monday deals.   There is a lot of stuff out there for sale I have no need for, or use for.   Don't even want either, but I may check shit out just in case.   

Should be okay.  

Laterzzzzzzzzzz     :)

xoxo                     :)

xxoo                   :)

Byeeeeee             :)))

oh btw, I only have 14 hours left of the last gunslinger book.   Onto different stuff after that.   

cya   :)

No comments: