Thursday, December 26, 2019

Day Off #2.

Good morning. How's it going?  Me, I am fine. Yesterday wasn't too bad. I got my run in the morning. It was 2 miles plus Hope,  and I extended it with a longer walk after. It was fine, my knee didn't bug me. I decided I should run every other day. Walking is fine on days I don't run. Plus I think my runs should mean something. No more junk miles.  I stretched too, which actually feels good. 

I fucked around with my bread for seems like forever. My final dough is sitting for 12-15 hours. Its approaching 12 hours now. I then divide it, cuz the recipe calls for 2 loaves. It proofs for 4-5 hours, and then I bake it. I got this book last year cuz I was all gung ho about making my own sour dough. There are a lot of 1 day bread recipes. the sour dough one is time consuming. 

Anyway, I didn't drink yesterday as I mentioned I would do. It still is surprising how easy that is. A day in the past I would not take off drinking I easily did. I finished my sleeping book. It was interesting. I took a little test in the book, which was kind of a sleeping test. As expected I am considered a good sleeper. I go to bed the same time pretty much every day. My bedroom is for sleep, I don't bring work papers in there to work on. I've never ever had work papers in my life anyway.  :)   I don't bring in my laptop to answer emails and stuff. I'm lucky if I  even look at 20% of my emails anyway. I am way so not important. I am not overweight,  so that helps my sleep. I am not under much/any stress so  that helps. 

Alcohol was a no no before bed, but that part has changed. The test basically told me my life is structured where I give myself a pretty good chance of sleeping good. Typically I do too. Last night I slept 5-1/2 hours. My resting heart rate is way down,  due to no alcohol. 

I did finish up the laundry. I did make a simple white bread from scratch yesterday,  cuz I wanted fresh bread, after laboring for 36 hours yesterday on the stupid sour dough for today. 

Everything is fine. I really did marvel,  and was pretty excited yesterday I went to bed sober when I have today off. I love that. I still know I'll probably still get cravings here and there. It's why I think I'll still drink one day a week. To purge the demons so to speak. Unless the cravings stop, then maybe I won't drink. We will just have to see about that. I really love non-drinking days though. You feel good about yourself at night before bed, and you feel good about it when you wake up. 

It's just sometimes those cravings get hard, and take you to the dark side. It's probably just a weekend trigger,  or close to the weekend that will trigger it. We'll see. Maybe the triggers are slowly dissipating too, I don't know. 

Anyway today is a day off, and a lot of people have to work. Not me. 

I spose.   

Laterzzzzzzzzzz.       :)

xoxo.        :)

xxoo.        :)

Byeeeeeeeee.       :)))

No comments: