Wednesday, December 11, 2019

I Guess I Drew The Line In The Sand.

I guess that's what I did. Yesterday was day 2, and actually I just want to quit. If I struggle I am willing to go to AA meetings for support. Be among people trying to do  the same thing. I am thinking it may be like quitting smoking. The more time away from your last drink the better. Yesterday was easy. That door has been shut. I did get a few things done around the house. I made dinner. For some reason I wanted shake~n~bake porkchops again. I had boxed au gratin potatoes with them, and a veggie. The potatoes had a cheese sauce with them. Now that's living your best life.  :)  Earlier I did have a tomato, cucumber, apple smoothie.  How many years have I wasted not being better at nutrition?  

I guess I never thought myself horrible, cuz I dont eat fast food hardly ever. We make our own meals a lot etc...   just the simple adding of veggies to my daily routine I think is helpful. A salad with multiple raw veggies is really one of my favorite things to eat anyway. A smoothie I can add a ton of variety to what I eat too. 

I am really excited about not drinking. On day 2 my resting heart rate went way down. I've been excited before too. I've been drinking consistently so long I didn't know it's not as easy as just quitting.  I haven't tried quitting ever probably. I've cut back from previous norms,  but I think just quitting is best. I guess I am at that age. At 40 you run a marathon. 54 seems like a good time to reinvent yourself again. Maybe just maybe no drinking will help me stay running healthy.  Those things I dont know. Running doesn't have to define me anyway. 

I guess maybe I am looking for another challenge perhaps.  What that will be I don't know.  I said maybe writing, and maybe that can be a thing. I don't feel I know how to write in any other way besides blog way,  which probably isn't real writing.  Can you add smiley faces in a book?    ;)

I doubt it will be writing, but maybe. My guess is it will be more of a physical thing. Really I don't know. 54 is a good age for a new me.  What that will be, I am not really sure. I'll add more hours to my day. Drinking is unproductive hours.  

Today is day 3. Everything seems easy in the morning. Maybe when I get home the pull to drink appears.  It is different this time.  The door has been shut. The line drawn. That part of me is over. If I can't hack it, I'll go be with people with the same urge. 

I am pretty excited for the new me, whoever it turns into.  

Anyways, I guess I better take the Hopester.  I better bundle up, supposed to be cold today.   

Laterzzzzzzz.       :)

xoxo.         :)

xxoo.         :)

Byeeeeeeeeeee.       :)))

No comments: