Thursday, December 12, 2019

Day 3.

So, that was easy. There was never an urge to have a drink. I mean that door is closed, so my mind never really went there. After my workout there were just these little productive things I did. Dishes, put more gorilla tape on my handle bars, so my light stays more secure. It needed to be a bit tighter. Folded the rest of my laundry,  organized my socks,  hung all my jackets, and pants for riding in a more organized way. 

I ended just doing a bunch of shit I wouldn't have if I was drinking.  Yesterday I didn't miss drinking, and I sure didn't crave it. It may be just the day, or maybe my mind closed that door too. I want a better me really. One without the vice. Did it just take me to accept my weakness, and lack of power to overcome it?  Once I committed to going to AA if I struggled, the struggle disappeared. Granted it's only day 3, but day 3 in Sober October, I remember getting these pulls to drink. I know I know. It's only a small sample of days, but that's how day 3 went for me.  

Also the little extra pocket of productivity added more steps.  Less down time. 

I ordered a scale yesterday. 1 I was sick of mine, cuz I always had to  take  the battery out, and put it back in to work it. It wouldn't work unless I did that. I even put in new batteries. I think we had it in the basement sometime, and it got humid. Anyway, I bought one that goes with my fitbit. It measures fat percentage,  and other shit too, and links up with my app. It was over $100, which is ridiculous. I figured the lack of dead calories from not drinking may change me. A lot of extra fat not coming in my system. I wonder how it will transform my body. I am curious, so now I'll know. 

I know the door has to stay closed, but I am pretty sure it will. It's my desire. I don't know. It seems there is a change in me internally. 2 weeks maximum of not drinking buys my scale. My drinking cost me roughly $6/ day. 

I made a fruit smooth yesterday. It had some frozen raspberries,  an apple, banana,  and Greek yogurt. It was really good. I didn't add veggies, cuz I made gyros, and that has cucumber sauce, tomatoes,  onions,  and I use avocado too. That fruit smoothy was ridiculously good. 

My resting heart rate is down 10 bpm, from what a regular resting heart rate would be with drinking. My blood pressure is low too. Like 120/70 low. I know drinking causes that to be high. I may be able to go off my prescriptions next year. My bad cholesterol is already really low. I changed my diet for the better. Adding veggies, and fruits. Also if I quit drinking my guess is that is why my blood pressure was high in the first place. My triglycerides will probably lower significantly.  Obviously I'd consult with my doctor, before I did any of that. 

I feel pretty good about my changes. Health is an important thing. Added productivity is not a bad thing. I haven't added coffee or anything to take place of alcohol. Just productivity past my normal is all. I am still not sure what happens after the holidays. Do I sit down,  and try to write a book? Take up another hobby?  The change suggests I can add something else. Just not sure what that will be yet. 

Anyway I guess a lot for me to be excited about. 

Guess I better get going.  

Laterzzzzzzz.      :)

xoxo.        :)

xxoo.           :)

Byeeeeeeeeeeee.         :)))

No comments: