Thursday, December 19, 2019

It Is Christmas Time. Every Day Is Busy.

I was actually over 15 miles yesterday. Really I need 6-15s, and a 10 to get 100 miles in. Considering I rarely, maybe never, hit 15 miles should tell you AND I the 100 mile week is pretty tough. Especially if I am not running. Goal #1 for the week passed. I got my workout in yesterday. It's a busy week, and I want to overcome fatigue to get my workouts in. I did yesterday,  although I felt like taking a little nap after each set.   :)

Thank God for cold weather. A nice cold bike ride home can kinda wake you. I got my home part of the workout done too. I've hit another level of discipline. Desire, and motivation are firing on all cylinders.  Alcohol dulls things. I was able to function well enough, but not to my fullest ability. Internally I am different. The day looks different when I get home. I don't have the 3-3-1/2 stiff drinks to change my outlook. 

I know the impeachment thing happened yesterday. It was on our TV for a second,  and I indefinitely didn't want to listen to that. My political thought yesterday was from me riding my bike home after my workout. I was driving down a street with small older homes. It isn't a bad part of town,  cuz there really aren't many of those in Holland, MI. It surely wasn't a wealthy area, although big expensive houses are never far from anyone. 

Anyway one house in general caught my attention. It wasn't well kept by any stretch. The old barn/garage needed a paint job, and maybe boards replaced. It had one of those shitty half driveways that I used to have. Some not so great car parked too. I assume a blue collar family for sure. To my amazed astonishment was the big TRUMP flag hanging in the front. There are no Presidential political things anywhere else in my travels, which aren't all encompassing,  but I get around. 

What really astonishes me is that house of obviously limited means, and maybe limited motivation to clean shit up, should never ever vote for Trump. That is a vote against their best interest. That is the Republican base too. I find the state of politics is absurd. 

The people testifying in the hearings were answering questions in a somewhat professional manner. Then they let the dogs/politicians have their day yesterday, and that is complete lunacy land. 

The right stayed with the right yesterday, and the left with the left. The right picked up their sword,  and they may be using it to commit political seppuku. The impeachment is a real thing. Serious questions to consider, but you cannot reason with blind fanaticism. It just cannot be done,  so all will fall, or none. Bad people can be popular for a while,  but the truth eventually leaks out. 

If illicit sex acts with people you aren't married to were really such a big deal,  the current President would not be in the position he is in now. Yet he is popular with his base. The guy with the run down house.  That guy I don't even want to know. I can only imagine his day to day. Of course that is me judging someone I don't know. 

Anyway, today is a day. It will be busy. I don't have to work out today. 

Our house needed to have some upgrades. We let it go. Of course there was a good amount of time where I wasn't concerned with such things, cuz the final thing I must do. Even still I never would have had that flag. Also I inexplicably came into money,  so I am a bit hypocritical to say the least. 

I do still work two jobs however. Not to make ends meet, but I find it to be a good use of my time. I still have more than enough time. I quit drinking for 6 of every 7 days minimum too, so I have even more time. 

Anyways I spose.  

Laterzzzzzzzz.       :)

xoxo.         :)

xxoo.        :)

Byeeeeeeeeeee.        :)))

No comments: