Wednesday, December 18, 2019

I Was Pass Out Tired Last Night.

I still am surprised how tired I get at night. I watched The Italian, and couldn't keep my eyes open til the end. It was a full day of work,  I made dinner, and I think that's about it besides tackling that 3-1/2 hour movie. It was kinda like a mob history lesson. Also we all heard of Jimmy Hoffa, but I for one didn't know the dynamics behind him. Interesting story, with weird CGI stuff to make older guys look younger. Also a look into our older age. When no one gives a fuck about us anymore. 

Yesterday was a non drinking day. An easy one. I may have thought at some time about having some drinks, and the fun involved,  but not seriously entertained. You know how sometimes you are walking down the street thinking impure thoughts about farm animals?  It's kinda like that. Shit just pops into your head for no reason.    ;)

I am on 8 of 9 days for not drinking. If there was an addiction, which I believe there was, it is slowly being suffocated to death.  My resting heart rate last night was 13 bpm less than my high 2 weeks ago. 

Anyway I did scan courses at nearby colleges. Part of the problem you have when the World and life is not dulled down. You know me, the last thing I want to do is spend money for the heck of it. I have an inkling to learn. I saw an online class about nutrition. It's been several years since I read a book on nutrition. It sparked an interest. I thought I might go to the library to check on books on nutrition. A free way to learn. I was going to go yesterday,  but it is Christmas,  so we got out an hour late. I have to work out today too, but something for this weekend or later next week. I can see if there is any more subjects to spark my interest too. 

I feel really good about not drinking. At first it was hard to quit for some reason. i don't think i hit a rock bottom,  but the angry drunk person that could show up I didn't like. I threatened myself with AA, and it's been pretty easy. Just the Saturday and Sunday craving was hard. I wonder if it will show up this weekend. If I purge the drinking demons once per week I am fine with it. If I don't have them anymore at all even better. Life seems even more optimistic without drinking. To me anyway. 

What else?  Not much. Still pretty much a work,  eat, sleep life. I was over 30,000 steps yesterday. I didn't check the numbers closely. 13 + miles I am sure. My appetite wasn't ridiculous like last week. Maybe we are approaching an equilibrium. Shock has worn off so my body has adjusted. I still am super duper excited for not drinking. 6 months ago that would have been the last thing I wanted to do. 

Anyway today is a day. It will be busy. The rest of the week will be stupid busy. My goals are just to get my workout in. I'll have to just do it. I assume I'll be tired after the long days of work. 

Then we just have Monday. Tuesday will be weird. I don't even know if the bakery is open the day after Christmas. So, 4 crazy days. For me anyway. I wonder if others are working Saturday?  

Anyway, I guess I'll take Hope. Still walking, but that is fine.  I've been taking a closer look at my bare chest. Instead of thoughts about looking good for my age, I see room for improvement. Muscles can be more defined. I don't know if I need to change my workout routine a lot. A desire to stay busy and active is helpful. I think a month or two of not drinking will give me answers.  Especially if everything stays the same, except alcohol being the one variable.  

Anyhoo, I gotta go.  

Laterzzzzzzzz.      :)

xoxo.         :)

xxoo.          :)

Byeeeeeeeee.         :)))

No comments: