Friday, January 31, 2020

I Sometimes Wonder About People.

I really haven't been a big comedian fan. Back in the day probably more than currently. Anyway there is some comedy stuff on Sirius,  which I started listening to. Now all of a sudden I wonder what a comedians life is like. What's in their day to day?  I know George Carlin drank, smoked weed, was hooked on vicodin for a while. He had two heart attacks before he had his final one. I know he at least dabbled in cocaine use. Maybe more than dabbled. Anyway he was funny, and in the later years maybe angry. 

I watched a couple HBO specials with Ellen DeGeneres. She had a funny segment on Sirius so I thought I'd check her out. I guess comedians look at the absurdity of life. I love its always sunny in Philly,  cuz its absurd. 

Comedians seem in control, cuz all eyes are on them. They really are like you and I however. We all have our own demons I guess you'd say. I don't really know what people struggle with. So many avenues to failure. Eat the right shit, exercise the right amount, drink the right shit, spend the correct amount of  time with whoever. Have enough alone time. Have fun. Make sure your house is clean,  laundry done, socks sorted. Have the right hobbies. Cook more,  don't eat out a lot, save money, don't buy too much shit. Fuck, you better have a car people esteem. 

I have no idea what people may struggle with. How much time is spent worrying about finances?  George Carlin had some run ins with the IRS, I know that. This week I've been angry with my dad. I am over it, but anger is fucking poison. How do you control that shit when it's just an internal thing?  I have a friend at work who struggles currently with anxiety. You cannot control that shit. It's an internal.  

As I am writing this I can tell you my internals are pretty good.  I am not struggling with much. I even changed my BP prescription as my other one caused a cough. It was a side effect, and I should have changed it a while ago. 

Anyway, I am doing good. I don't really need any kind of escape. I like my routine.  I guess if you could seek for one good thing that would be it. Hopefully you all like to labor,  cuz idleness is not a good day to day. It's a stress increaser.  I learned that a long time ago. 

Anyway I don't think a comedian has a real busy day to day. Ellen probably does,  cuz I think she has a talk show. A talk show means you always have to be "on"  

Then I think of Johnny Carson, and I wonder how much the typical person drinks?  How often do people overconsume to the point of a hangover?  What makes a Robin William's commit suicide?  

My life pretty much is a walk in the park kinda. I am not sad, lonely, or depressed. I am usually fine each day. The poison pill of anger was in me for a bit, and now it's gone. I think it was dumb I was angry. My Dad is just increasing stress to his life. If he asks for help I can do it, but he figures he is in control of his situation. I'll let him go down his path. In the end we have to. I tried to step in, but it didn't work, so you gotta let them be. 

I still have my day to day, but you know what I really have. An internal feeling of contentment. If someone tried to emulate the exterior appearance of what I do it doesn't lead to contentment. The feeling of contentment is what we want. It's why people drink, do drugs, and whatever. 

Nothing leads to that feeling. Church don't take you there. Books won't lead you. Exercise won't either. Everyone is missing contentment, and they have no clue how to get it. 

So you are lost, and maybe you don't even know it. Life is busy, and probably so you never have time to ponder those things. 

Chase after that next thing you need to live the good life. The next great thing is contentment. An internal. Just like anger, and anxiety,  a thing you don't control. 

Cocaine may make you feel content for a bit. That's a lot of dopamine. you build a tolerance though. 

Life's a mess. Comedians make us laugh so they must be happy right?  Like you they don't have contentment. So their struggles are your struggles. 

Anyhoo, today is a day. It should be okay I think. Lisa leaves tomorrow, so I got a lot to do next week. Hopefully I don't come home tired next week after work like I did yesterday. It can be a fun week, if I do as planned. It will be fine too if I don't, but I wanna. Next week will be different, so I should do different productive stuff. 

Anyway gotta go. 

Laterzzzzzzz.       :)

xoxo.        :)

xxoo.       :)

Byeeeeeeeeeee.      :)))

No comments: