Tuesday, January 7, 2020

A Different Kind Of Day

Good morning. How's it going?  Me, I am fine. Yesterday seemed to be a bit different. I don't know if it was cuz it was such a sunny day or what.  I got my workout in, and honestly I am a little sore. The holidays,  plus me skipping Friday has my workouts being inconsistent. My place is closed on the holidays. It's not just a workout place, it's more like an old people community center. There is a library, and billiards tables,  a big wood working area, a spot for pickleball, a pool, a cafeteria, so there always are staff on. So closed on the holidays. 

Anyway, it feels good to get my workout in. It was so nice outside I decided to ride my bike to the library, and get a couple books. I got an Agatha Christie book, and a book on short story mysteries. 

A change has definitely happened. It was no biggie to start reading my book. Also it was no biggie to not drink. It is just what i do now... not drink. I did drink Sunday, so maybe I still will drink one day/week, but I don't feel like I have to exercise drinking demons. They don't seem to be there. That too is a change. Maybe that is just a natural progression. From the failing of sober October to now is soooooo much different. 

I also tackled my little project. Clean out a thing we use for towels, cleaning supplies and medicine. I also made dinner. It seems to me a life of me drinking is a waste. A heart does what it wants, and I guess we learn our lessons in our own time. 

I got my new running shoes in the mail. I got them for 50% less than if I went to the running shoe store. I ordered them from Amazon. So, I am that guy. I don't feel I owe that running store any loyalty however. They serve a purpose,  but I don't know. I don't feel it is my job to pay full price to keep them in business. 

Anyway other than that not much going on I don't think. I watched more murder she wrote, and went to bed really tired. For some reason instead of going into REM sleep, I've been waking up for a brief second. I don't remember this, but that's what the app says. I wonder if my body is adjusting to the change. I guess it is possible if not probable. 

I wonder if I'll forget the sober October failure,  and just think quitting drinking was just the easiest thing. I was kinda addicted to it, and all of a sudden the desire was purged out of me. I guess I'll start viewing the chronic drinker as just being very very close to being cured of it. 

There are differences in people. Now I get a feeling of accomplishment by not drinking, and accomplishment in the things I do in its place. Reading, sorting,  organizing, etc...  it's better than sucking them back. Still I go go bed just as tired. I did go above 30,000 steps yesterday so that will tire you out. 

Today is a day, and my days start off looking different. My mind thinks of drinking, and it gives me a negative feeling towards it. Like that would be something I would not want to do. Yuck. 

See what I mean. See how different things are for me now?  

Anyway I spose.  

Laterzzzzzzzz.      :)

xoxo.       :)

xxoo.        :)

Byeeeeeeeeeeee.         :)))

No comments: