Friday, January 3, 2020

Another Day Down.

Yesterday was 2 for 2 as far as not drinking. It was easy again. I just don't always trust it to be easy. Maybe it will be, who knows?  The only time I guess it would be hard is if there is nothing I really want to do, and having a couple drinks sounds like a good idea. That point in time when your internals stray from how you want to be. I think now I can just say no, because everything is a little better sober. 

The days aren't much different. I came home, and chilled a bit, cleaned the kitchen, baked my sourdough bread, and made my salad for like 4 days. Prepping all those veggies takes time. Actually a good amount of time. Cucumber, lettuce, tomatoes,  onions, celery,  yellow pepper,  radishes, carrots. it takes a while. It does make for a good salad. The bread came out good.  

Today is a workout day, so that is good. It also is a run day, but my knee was kinda bugging me yesterday, so I may be walking. Walking is fine, and it may be what I do from now on. Maybe it was just a weird thing too. I am going to wear different shoes at work today though. See if that's the problem.  I have been using old running shoes. 

Another thing about last night is I was tired around 7:00 PM again. Like pass out tired,  but I didn't drink. I did approach 30,000 steps again, and maybe that just takes its toll. I am not sleeping as long as if I had a couple drinks, but I assume that will change. My heart rate stays low, so that is good. I haven't been taking my blood pressure every day, but when I do the numbers look good. Always less than 130, and usually low 120s or below. Always below 80 too. Kinda where you want it to be. 

One other thing is it's been noted I had a crazy appetite last time I wasn't drinking, but that doesn't seem to be the case anymore. I didn't eat a huge dinner. I only ate one of my sandwiches at work. I did eat a donut, which I rarely do though. For the heck of it. 

Life does look good in the morning, when there were no drinks the night before. I was always worried life would be boring without drinks, and maybe that was the case a while ago. Now I feel it's just an opportunity to do other stuff. 

Anyway things are good. I am excited for this year. I think it will be a productive one. I think we will be able to save a good chunk of money, cuz there isn't anything we really need. Kinda excited to see what my blood work looks like in July too.  I am making positive changes to me. It is going good too I think. 

Here's to another day. I have a work party tomorrow for my Saturday job. The thought of having a drink doesn't tempt me right now, in fact the opposite. Let's hope that stays the case. Regardless I don't plan on drinking. I've tried this thing a few times lately, so I know the pitfalls. 

Anyways, I spose.  

Laterzzzzzz.       :)

xoxo.      :)

xxoo.       :)

Byeeeeeeeeee.      :)))

No comments: