Sunday, January 5, 2020

A New Day.

So, I went to a Christmas party, and I didn't drink. It wasn't really a big deal. One thing I noticed from not drinking is I still get tired at my normal time. You would think I'd stay up later right?  My sore throat is going away. That is nice. I ended up with 69 miles last week, and now we are back to regular schedules. 

There isn't much on my mind right now. Today is a day off, but I don't feel I slept enough to feel excited about it. My resting heart rate is down,  and my BP read 120/77. It might have been 118 too. It was a good reading. The not drinking is going to make me healthier, along with the salad I eat every day that is loaded with raw veggies. 

Starting tomorrow, I can get back on my regular workout schedule. Having more time may mean I will want to do more. I didn't work Friday, cuz the sore throat was bugging me, so I came home and napped for a while. One thing that has happened from not drinking is I haven't slept as well. I don't have that alcohol sleeping pill, so I tend to wake up more. A lot is cuz the sore throat too. My body battled back. I can tell, cuz yesterday my heart rate was elevated a bit during sleep,  even though I didn't drink. Today it was down,  and my sore throat is mostly gone. 

One of the things I've always equated with drinking is fun, and feeling good. Not drinking I still feel good. Probably better. The ever present good feeling about having a couple cocktails later in the day is no longer there. Currently the thought of drinking for me does not paint a rosy picture. Currently staying sober paints a rosier picture in my mind. 

From a complete failure at sober October, to almost quitting at the end of the year to now is quite an internal change. From the every day drinker to the feeling it doesn't seem like its it's my  thing is a pretty big change. I can't explain it, but I am glad for it. I am glad I am making healthy changes. Kinda sucked trying to make myself healthier, but feeling the vice was keeping me down. Also there is the positive feeling of how much better will my days be? The wasteful downtime of drinking will no longer be there.  Gives me opportunity to add activity. Open new avenues. Remember I wanted to write a book?  That type of thing. My day to day doesn't have to be written in stone. It can change a bit. 

Outside of that not much. The White Sox have improved,  they will be competitive. Maybe dominant. For a good stretch too. It is nice they have a couple older pitchers, who aren't aces, but probably have a better shot of staying healthy, while being solid. They have the upside guys too. Lineup will not be easy to get through. Barring injury, and all that. 

The US started some crap in Iran. As of now that doesn't affect me. I still have my work,  eat, sleep. People in Iran live in a different culture. If you were born there you would be very much like them. If they were born here they would be very much like you. A tool of society. None have overcome that yet. At one point that was what this was about. Showing a path away from what you were born in, but we don't talk of such things anymore. That fell on deaf ears for whatever reason. This failed in doing that,  and you failed in moving on, cuz your life was too important to you. You had to go out and show the World how great you were. Also you didn't believe me, although I wasn't speaking my message. 

None of this was my plan. I didn't seek out this labor so to speak. I just wanted to do whatever it was i was supposed to. The reason I am here,  I wanted to do that instead of anything else. I had no idea how my story would shape up. 

It's all fine though. I am still on my same path. Confident and assured. I don't beat the drums of war, cuz foolishness is far from me. I don't seek honor in killing others cuz foolishness is far from me. I don't labor to make this World a better place, cuz foolishness is far from me. I just do my thing here. My life comes down to work,  eat, sleep. The story to be told is not of my concern. I am not the author so...   I am I  good hands though. Strong, confident,  and assured is a good thing. I got all this,  cuz I turned away from the story of me. In the end it is such a way better coin, but it takes trust for sure, cuz the truth is we aren't special,  but your heart desires the opposite to be true. 

Foolishness is far from me, so I have no desire to show you how great I am, cuz I am not. Nothing special,  and nothing unique. I just went a unique path, and that changed the shape of my whole life. 

As of now none of you have taken the one unique path, although I think many/all think you have. 

Anyway, I spose. 

What to do on my day off. 

Hmmmm

Laterzzzzzzz.      :)

xoxo.       :)

xxoo.        :)

Byeeeeeeeeeeee.      :)))

No comments: