Monday, January 6, 2020

Finally The Holidays Are Over.

Good morning. How's it going?  Me, I am fine. Yesterday was not your typical Sunday. I didn't have to do laundry, cuz I did it on Wednesday I think. I did go grocery shopping. Picked up a few things from Sam's Club. I made a pot roast for dinner. I had cocktails and watched football. My first drinks of the year. I didn't really care who won  the games. Seems like I should have done something different, but I didn't really sleep a lot the night before. 

Today will be busy, cuz I have to workout,  and cook dinner. My scale says I inexplicably gained 5 lbs. last week. Don't ask me how. I didn't eat a ton,  i didn't drink at all, I was almost at my summertime goal of 72 miles,  so who knows? Yesterday I ate a lot of chocolate for some stupid reason so I might have gained another 5 lbs.   ;)

I am sure it  will go back  to normal next week. I was probably retaining water or something. I am not really worried about it. I am too active to actually gain weight, and for dinner I don't eat huge portions. My lifestyle just doesn't lead me to gain weight. 

Other than that not much. Sundays I think of all kindsa things to do in my off time. It is kinda a fun exercise. The World really is open for me to do anything. I am switching my former past time from drinking to other things. Maybe my body has to get used to it. I probably gained 5 lbs. cuz my body is pooping differently. Digesting stuff differently. I am not really sure. I figure I'll find a "normal" or my body will I mean. 

Yesterday was okay, although spending a day watching football is a total waste of time. There is no productivity being a spectator. No productivity in me drinking either. I don't feel guilty,  I just think its dumb. a dumb use of my time. Of course so is me watching murder she wrote. 

I guess the best day for me is today. I'll take Hope for a walk. My knee isn't ready for running again. I'll work,  work out. Maybe tackle a project I was contemplating yesterday. I'll eat dinner,  probably watch a murder she wrote,  and crash. A busy day with little downtime. Its how I would draw up my day. It also is how my day looks like it is lining up. 

I don't dread Mondays. I would if I had Saturday AND Sunday off. Just cuz 2 days off is too much for me. I enjoy one day off/week. I know I am in the minority there. I assume most would do nothing if it were up to them. 

My dad does nothing, and that seems like about the worst thing for me. He doesn't read, or cook. That generation never learned how to live. After WWII everyone thought it was normal to do a 9-5:00. Have kids, and mom stays home. 

Things I don't know are the percentage of people who drink. At my Christmas party there weren't a ton of people drinking. I wondered about that. Also I wonder how many people never would just cook a roast for themselves. I did that in College.  I think that's when I started learning to cook. Lisa and I had some lean years. We still ate pretty good. Spaghetti and meatballs.  Hamburger helper with ground Turkey. Kielbasa and knorr noodles. Frozen pizza. 

We did live a life of the poor. I don't feel we were less happy. We still worked,  and had a meal at the end of the day. It's all I really want now too. Be busy,  and have a meal. We aren't poor now, and we aren't rich. We have a house that is paid for,  and that is pretty huge I guess. I stick money away. That is good too. We also spend money too. Yesterday at Sam's I bought a pair of champion sweat pants. Not your old fashioned cotton ones that no one wears, but the modern version. They are warm, and I got them for a discontinued price for less than $10. Also I bought a dish drainer,  which is way better than the one we had. Lisa buys shit on a whim like that too. It doesn't make our lives better. Our lives are good,  cuz we are active, and we have a meal at the end of the day. 

One we typically cook. People like my Dad who never learned how to make a meal missed out on life. There is no accomplishment by eating out. It's just spending money. Wasting it really. I don't even remember the last time I ate out at a restaurant. It's been a while.  

Anyway, today is a day. I'll start it out by listening to music, while I take Hope.  When I ride my bike to work out, I switch to a book. 

Today is a day like I said. It should be good. Work,  eat, sleep,  and no alcohol either.   This year is pretty exciting for me. My life has made a subtle change. I'll still have a meal at the end of the day. 

I took time out of my day to get my dad hooked up at the library. Free books to read to your hearts content. I showed him a cheap place to workout,  and meet people his own age. None of that took. He wasted what could have been a good thing. His is a wasted life. A life of learning nothing useful. 

Anyway, I spose.  

Laterzzzzzzz.     :)

xoxo.      :)

xxoo.       :)

Byeeeeeeeeeee.      :)))

No comments: