Sunday, February 2, 2020

Over 8 Hours.

I got over 8 hours of sleep last night.  It definitely wasn't my best week of sleep before last night, so it is much welcomed.  I dropped Lisa off around 3:00 AM, so just went into work about 1-1/2 hours early.  I tried to nap for a bit, but just pretty much laid there.  I got through listening to two books pretty much.  I did the dishes, and ran the robot.  I didn't start laundry, cuz I figured I'd be too tired to switch the load.  Come to think of it, I should check to see what time I fell asleep.  I know it was real early.  So today starts day 1 of the week alone sorta.  There are still a million people living here, so I am not really alone, but you know.  How my schedule works will be different.  I'll only be cooking for two, so that is always a bit more challenging.  Of  course I can cook fish though.  I like fish, but Lisa doesn't really.  Also, I have some projects to do.  I'll start with that stuff today.  

I was thinking of now vs. early years.  What would 30 year old me do if Lisa was gone a week?  I can't really answer that I guess.  I was more sociable back then.  I wanted to hang out I guess you'd say.  54 year old me wants to do shit around the house.  I don't mind getting a buzz, but I have no desire to get fucked up.  Partys, and bars hold no interest for me.   Actually waking up early, and getting shit done is more up my alley.  I like 54 year old me.  It doesn't take much for me to have fun.  Usually it is productive shit I'd rather do than anything else.   I think if you want to take hours of productivity away, go for a long run.  At least for me.  I'd always be tired after a long run.  I am not a good napper, so I'd always have that depleted feeling after, so I wouldn't do much.  Maybe my knee thing is a good thing, cuz maybe I'd still add that energy depleting long run to my week.  Now my runs are energy boosters, not energy depleters.  

Last week I did end up with over 74 miles, so it was a busy week.  I think this week will be busy too, as I have stuff I want to do around the house.  I did get all 3 of my workouts in this week.  On Friday I felt as strong as a Monday for some reason.  The workout just seemed easy for some reason.   Anyway, I guess everything is fine.  I have stuff to occupy my day.  Lisa being gone has added a challenge for me.  To get a lot of extra stuff done, I might not normally do.  Change is an opportunity to do different stuff I guess.  Keep life interesting.  I guess to me my life is interesting.  I like my life cuz it is busy.  I don't really have anything to stress about.   My life is just easy.  I typically am excited each day to see how much I can get done.  Sometimes I end up getting tired so I don't get a lot done.  The last week of January I was still active for 74 miles.  The only day I didn't ride my bike to work was Friday too, so I guess it is a good winter.  

Not really a lot on my mind I guess.   Just an easy casual day to day.   I still rush kinda to get more stuff done, but it really is still easy.  I am in pretty good shape for 54 years old.

Anyhoo, I spose.

Laterzzzzzzzzzz                          :)

xoxo                                 :)

xxoo                             :)

Byeeeeeeeeeeeee                     :)))

No comments: