Sunday, February 23, 2020

Not A Lot To Do Today.

So, last week was a pretty successful week of not drinking. M-F, I did not drink. Yesterday I did, but I don't feel like drinking today. I didn't drink a lot yesterday. I didn't binge like I had to make up for not drinking, or cuz I wasn't going to drink again. I had a few cocktails,  watched tv, and crashed. I did feel my drinking a bit more than normal. Like the tolerance is down. I didn't feel euphoric or anything either. It was just a thing I did, and something I don't need to do today. Or want either, so I guess that's good. 

I weighed 167 pounds bgg this week, which is 1.5 pounds higher than last week. Basically no change. I worked out all 3 days at my higher weights, so really a pretty good week. 77 miles too. I feel my life is in a pretty good spot. My BP is in a good spot moving in the right direction. My sleeping heart rate is moving down too. 

Finances are strange. Obviously I am in a pretty good spot financially. My credit scores are all over 750. Probably be higher if I had a mortgage or something still. Like if I had an account open for longer than 2 years. All I  have is credit cards, and I carry over no balance. I have money in the  bank, money in savings, and money in investments. I am better off than I have ever been. I own a house too that would appraise for over $200,000. Finances though you never feel like you have enough money. You want your accounts to be higher still. In that way we always will be chasing after wind. Never good enough. 

Then you hear of people with various loans of whatever,  and that must be a nuisance. The last car payment we had was for $100/month. We were poor back then,  but still pretty rich. We owed less than $100,000 on our house, and no debt otherwise besides my Discover card, which held the balance of my dentures at 0% interest. We had a new roof, and a new garage door,  and opener. Then we had an influx of money come in. Roughly $300,000. 

We upgraded our house more. All windows replaced that haven't been replaced already were replaced. Our house weatherproofed with insulation in the attic maximized, and spray foam insulation downstairs. New appliances, furnace,  and A/C, and new for us vehicles. 

We are sitting pretty good,  and still we only make around $50,000 / year. When I moved to Michigan in 1995, that is what I alone made.  :)  You grow up, and you realize you don't need much shit. You don't need new cars, you dont need car payments, you dont need the next best thing. I no longer use a computer, my phone isn't the best one out there, but it more than suits my purpose. 

We dont eat out a lot,  and i dont go out drinking. I dont travel a lot. We live simply, and honestly i like it that way the best. As a consumer i guess i am bad for America. I do have investments though banking on Americans continuing to do what they do. Use credit cards, and make car payments. Also, i want the Chinese to make themselves more like Americans too. Spend spend spend people. Go into debt. Buy the new car, and the new iPhone.  You probably cannot do without the apple watch either if that's a thing. Take vacations, travel, spend spend spend,  in the end you make me wealthier,  at the price of adding stress to your life. 

I learned at an early age the best investment in the World is a weekly paycheck. it wasn't too many years ago I lost my job at the local lumberyard, and I found myself making $8/hour working 3rd shift. I still had a weekly paycheck though, so we got through. Lisa and I both got other jobs, and we like them. The local lumberyard was filled with people going through the motions, and I never worked that way. That too is a thing too I think. If you dont give good effort you wont be as happy as you can be. As satisfied I guess. 

Anyway just jotting shit down. I make less money now than i did 15 years ago. I am better off, even if i didn't get the money a couple years back I'd still be better off. Mostly cuz I dont need shit. Mostly cuz I am a bad American.   :)  good Americans are the worst,  and unhappiest bunch in the World. Their hearts aren't content,  cuz they need the next best thing.  

I spose.  

Laterzzzzzzz.     :)

xoxo.       :)

xxoo.      :)

Byeeeeeeeeeee.     :)))

No comments: