Friday, February 21, 2020

That Is Definitely Different.

It could be coincidence, but I doubt it. Yesterday was my 4th day in a row of being sober, and it seems like I dream a lot. I just remember my stupid dreams more. Whatever that is worth. Yesterday outside of work I got a lot done. I did dishes, cleaned our bedroom, made the bed, did a load of laundry,  and folded and put away two loads. One was in the dryer. Lisa was helping a friend so I made myself some salmon, with a baked potato. Finished season 1 of curbed your enthusiasm,  and watched two episodes of the blacklist. 1 season has over 20 episodes. Quite a bit different than the 8-10, non network tv puts on. Actors definitely put in their time. I imagine it can be a grind for them too. 

So yesterday was a work, non drinking day, and I got a lot done. My BP was 128/82 this morning too. Drinking is a young man's game. When you get older you have to worry about blood pressure,  and drinking hurts you there. If I remain on course, my blood work in July will be quite different. I feel not drinking picks up a little momentum on it's own. It becomes more of a normal thing. I feel I can easily lose the desire to drink. Already am losing it. That bodes well for being healthy. 

It seems I've been trying to quit a while,  and I feel it finally clicked. Maybe in all things quitting there is failure along the way, and guilt perhaps,  and all that,  but eventually your mind accepts it. Maybe body, and mind. My mind definitely seems to appreciate the high of being sober. 

The balance always favored drinking on the scale of vices,  and now it favors sobriety.  Drugs always have the edge at first in that game, because of what it releases in the brain. Then you hit the area of diminished returns. The high isn't as euphoric, and sobriety all of a sudden is a high in it's own right. Eventually it seems your mind and body can be tricked back to the light side. Maybe the vices tricked us at first by making us feel all euphoric and shit. 

So, anyway that is exciting. I wasn't able to see a movie, but I did pick up tomatoes at Sam's club. I walked around a bit too, cuz I love that place. I must have been hungry too, because I decided I needed a wheel of 4 different cheeses and crackers too.   :)

So now I have enough crackers for 47 super bowl parties, cuz you don't just buy a box with like 2 sleeves at Sam's.  I hate that place.    ;)

Oh, I forgot I made my cucumber sauce, so we can have gyros tonight. It's why i needed tomatoes in the first place. Life kinda builds it's own excitement kinda when looking at it sober. I am excited about it. 

Anyway, i gotta take Hope. 

Laterzzzzzzzz.    :)

xoxo.       :)

xxoo.       :)

Byeeeeeeeeee.      :)))

No comments: