Sunday, October 7, 2012

The Turn... For Me.

HA HA HA.  This isn't the turn turn.  This is just a turn that has been made in me.  For some reason, and for so long I have been missing a spark.  I mean, I could do the work, but my mind really hasn't been on the GET BETTER path.  I have been for so long just going through the motions.  Do this, do that, because that is what I do. 

NOW... something clicked.  I want to get better.  I want to be a better runner, and I want to be faster.   All things are relative mind you.  A good Marathon for me would be a 3:45, and a good 5K would be sub: 22:00.  Want to know why I don't do many races??  I was not near PR fast.  I don't want medals, and I don't want to do races just to do them.  I want to have a shot at being better than what I have been. 

So look out, somehow, someway the fire is back.  The drive to be better.  The drive to do more and more day after day.   The drive to do more than go through the motions. 

I will be unorthodox.  I will still drink, etc..., but I have time to get this body in shape.  To slim down, and get faster.  I have no idea what I weigh, but I am sure I could stand to lose 10 lbs. or so. 

Me having a drive also coincides with me having a future.  We have so far to go, and LIFE WILL HAPPEN. 

Life happens to give us a better view of life.  A better view of life doesn't necessarily mean life looks better.  It means we see it more clearly.  Remember my life turn??  death, break up with girlfriend.  Me not being who I want to be.  Me failing to live up to my own standards.  A desire to be a good person, and the desire to live a life that matters. 

At the end of the day no one gives a SHIT if I ever get my PR's except me. 

So I feel I got the spark back.  It has been missing. 

That my friends is good for me. 

I am going to get some miles in with Jerry at 7:30.  First I am going to drink some coffee, and get some miles before the miles.  It is a new day and a new Steve.  It is never too late to re-invent yourself.  I am no different, except maybe I want to be just a little bit better runner, with just a little more drive. 

WOOOOP    WOOOOOOOOOOP!!!    :)

That is it for today!!!    :)

Thanks for reading!!!    :)

Hope Everyone has a Great and Awesome Day!!!    :)

xo's!!!    :)

Love You All!!!    :)))

p.s.   I am tracking Marathons and 10 mile races for the first time in my life today with my phone.  Iz be so technologicalllleeeee   wif it.   :P

Love You All   xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Ya'All are the best  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Extras of these   xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Extras of these  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Now for really really cya cya cya    :D   :D 

How stupid is that last line??   LOL.    :D

No comments: