Monday, October 22, 2012

A Lil Respect For the 13.1

Morning all, how's it going??  Me, I am doing pretty good.  I decided today was not a coffee day, as I was not feeling it.  It happens. 

So anyway yesterday I ran a 13.1.  I didn't know what to expect.  I considered a 13.1 to be a pretty easy race.  I thought the 2:00 mark would be pretty easy.  I have only done 2 13.1's to 5 Marathons, and 5-25K's.  I have run the distance and more numerous times.  My training hasn't been that good for a while, but has been good 2 weeks going into this event. 

I expected to go slow, and probably pick up the pace around mile 9 or 10.  HAHA HAHA   I guess you have to train a bit more for those races.  There was no pick up at mile 9 or 10.  As a matter of fact I may have even slowed down a bit.  I was getting fatigued on a 13.1  

I ran with Ken up until around mile 9.  We grabbed a Gu, and he got a gap, and we just went our paces.   I think he ended up being a couple minutes ahead of me.  Funny thing about this Half is it runs the first 9 miles or so with the Marathoners.  I was afraid the night before I would want to not turn at the 1/2 turn, but go on to run the full.   OMG  Who do I think I am??? 

Ummmm,  I loved being able to turn at the half.  I ended up being 2:07 for my finish.  I was plenty tired the final miles.  I walked 5 seconds or so through the aid stations to mostly drink Gatorade, and ran the rest of the way.  That is as good as I could have done on this day.  My P.R. is like 1:46 I think, and I paced 15 miles of a marathon passing the half at 1:47.  I am pretty slow for me right now, and not very endurancy.   :)

So, I grabbed a 'lil respect for the 13.1.  Those are the easiest races if you are knee deep into Marathon training.  You cannot just wake up one day and run a good one though. 

Lesson learned.   ;)

That is it for today!!!    :)

Thanks for reading!!!    :)

Hope Everyone has a Great and Awesome Day!!!     :)

xo's!!!    :)

Love You All!!!     :)))

p.s.  Guess I better do some push ups and pull ups before work.  Remember plan now is to get in shape. 

Love You All  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Ya'All are the best  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Extras of these   xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Extras of these  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Now for really really cya cya cya    :D    :D  

No comments: