Sunday, January 23, 2011

Oh Yeah That Hard!!! :)

So, this is the 3rd time I have done "The Cross" I believe.  I forgot how hard it was.  Someone saw a whopping 6 degrees where we were, and it was windy.  It was cold against the wind, and on the East leg, other than that it wasn't too bad.  Those two cold legs were pretty cold.  You know how it is though, by the time you finish you are still all sweaty.  The body has a remarkable way of keeping at 98.6 or thereabouts no matter what.  My layers were soaking wet, even though I was running in negative windchill of some sort.  I guess some don't really get it. Yes we  choose to do this.  :)

A couple notes, I will tell you who was there.  Amanda and her crew of three did 3 legs.  There is a new girl.  She is tall and faster than me.  Not sure if she is even training for anything.  Kinda like Amanda, just training.  :)  The fast girls were lil Cathy, Kristen, and Sarah.  Sarah was kind enough to drive us.  I never talked to her too much, because she is really usually way ahead of me.  I have been running with her a few years too.  She is pretty funny.  She usually trains for shorter stuff, but this year she is doing a marathon in Toledo or something like that. The fast girls looked like they were having fun, as they gave us a big 5, as they were finishing up the 3rd leg.  They had a nasty hill they were about to climb, but all legs were filled with nasty hills. 

Haven't seen Gayle in a while, and she returns for "The Cross"  ????  Hee Hee!!  Although I haven't seen her it is Gayle, you know she still gets whatever training done she can.  Carol and MWMFN ran their legs together ahead of Jerry, I, and Ken.  That was it.  Alan freezing his butt off listening to NPR making sure we drank our fluids. 

I do that as a courtesy.  I mean the people who were nutty enough to run hills exposed in that crap get a mention.  Cause we is definitely nuts.  :)  I watched movies the rest of the day.  :)  One thing I noticed about myself, is I push on the up.  Downhills are death on legs, so I try to minimize impact on the downhill, but I definitely put more effort on the uphill.  I put forth a good effort on this day. 

This is kinda a boring post, but I just wanted to throw a little something something down.  For the heck of it.  We got about 1000 inches of snow yesterday too.  I have to bike... run???  Run would have to be on the snow melt.  I think I will do that.  Sunday brick.  I will be swimming soon too.  We'll be getting our $$$  profit sharing checks in a few weeks. 

That is it for today!!!   :)

Thanks for reading!!!   :)

Hope Everyone has a Great and Awesome Day!!!   :)

xo's!!!   :)

Love You All!!!   :)

p.s. my BIL predicted Bears 158-2.  I predicted I down a beer every 45 seconds.  One of us has to be right.  :)

Love you all!!! xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

You all are the best!!!   xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

I put extra of these courtesy my Welsh friends.  xxxxxxxxxxxx

Now for really really cya cya cya!!!   :) 

No comments: