Monday, October 11, 2010

Marathon Blurbs.... more?? Let's See!!! :)

You know I didn't think I ever watched a marathon before, but I did watch the one I got injured for.  Grand Rapids.  So Yesterday was my 2nd.  It was pretty fun.  We just rode our bikes around, Who knows how many miles?  That was probably the funnest part. 

I saw Blogger Jen once.  Thought about tripping her, but decided against it. :)  I think I saw her at mile 9, and omg was it hot out there.  She'll write all about it, but she gutted out her 3:21 something.  I will tell you that.  I didn't realize how hot it was out there until the end.  Our areas we scouted out were shady, so we were pretty comfortable.  :)  Runners didn't always look too comfortable.  Some looked o.k. though.  I think maybe some people are born with the ability to handle heat a bit better than others.... maybe??  Elite times were still crazy fast. 

We saw Bob like 5 times.  He ran a 3:18???  maybe something like that.  He did Bayshore and Chicago this year.  lol.  I told him the next one he should pick should be Alaska in January.  With his luck it'd only be 65 degrees.  :)

There were several people who have run with our group pacing.  I am sure they did fine.  I didn't check their times, because... they were pacing.  Who cares right??  They will be pacing again next week.  Don Kern throws the shindig, so he won't be pacing, but the others will use it as training, and as fun.

I am pretty much totally decided about concentrating on having fun at GR next weekend. I won't look at my watch probably except for at mile 1, when I realize I shouldn't be running 3-minute miles, and I should slow down.  :)  Maybe check it at the half.  I am going to just watch people keep it easy, and if I feel good at the end maybe kick it a bit.  It always feels good to feel strong at the end.  :)  I'll let you know my time when I am done.  :)

So yeah, yesterday was fun.  Bob looked like he had a really good day.  He started struggling probably at 19.75.  I guess he was slowing down to 8's for the last 6 + miles.  It had nothing to do with his speed, but just the dang heat.  What can you do?  He still looked good at 25, and was fine at the end.  I guess he puked at the end, but then we all went out to have lunch and stuff. 

It was fun!!!   :)

That is it for today!!!   :)

Thanks for reading!!!   :)

Hope Everyone has a Great and Awesome Day!!  :)

xo's!!!   :)

Love You All!!!   :)

p.s.  I don't have a p.s.  BOOO!!!!   :)

now for really really really cya cya!!!   :)

No comments: